#10 If your employer (Dr. of course) is going to perform surgery on you, make sure you are "out of it" before he comes into the OR. If you can't see him....he can't see you.
#9 If you are having an ultra sound at the office where you work, be sure and drink lots of water, if you don't....it could be really awkward.
#8 While honking the horn and waving enthusiastically at a co-worker in the parking lot, be sure it's actually your co-worker.
#7 Know the correct pronunciation of all medications given to women. It's really bad if you pronounce something and everyone is laughing except you.
#6 Be sure you know that RSV is a respiratory illness, and that RSVP is a response to an invitation.
#5 If you ever do a pregnancy test for a patient....wear gloves.
#4 If your child (or anyone for that matter) asks to borrow a pen, be sure you give them a regular one and not one from the office that happens to be in your purse. You never know what "logo" you might be sharing.
#3 Don't ever get a throat culture in the office lab, especially if it involves a tongue depressor.
#2 Never; under any circumstances use a patients cell phone, have them re-route the call to the office phone.
#1 This is the most important thing of all....don't abbreviate the word follow-up when writing it in your schedule book. I promise....you will humiliate yourself.
It looks like the girls are enjoying the top ten list
10 comments:
Wow, it sounds like you have a few stories to tell us on the beach. I can't wait to hear. You are a very good writer!! And you made me LOL several times.
I am laughing out loud. I especially like the 'patient's cell phone' one. I remember that story. Did you really abbreviate follow-up? Thanks for the laugh. I'm sure they are ALL going to MISS you A TON.
You evidently speak from experience. :o)
you will have to share.
I will have to think of a top ten list of some sort. Hmmmmmm!!!
There are a few of these that I don't get. I won't say which ones, it seems better that I don't ask :-)
I don't get many of these but I will "follow up" with you at the beach this summer. Notice I refrained from abbreviating. I started to be funny but it sounded soooo baaaaad :-)
I remember the Follow Up story. I think you even won a prize for telling that one!
HAHAHAH that is awesome! I was cringing about the gloves and the pregnancy test~ I'm trying to ohhhh I just got what you perhaps abreviated follow up to lol
I think we need a little Centerville...because I have missed some very funny stories! You make every where you go a great time.
You make me laugh! I loved working with you at Leger's, you always made things so much FUN!:)
You'll have to post a picture of the clocks you made cause I really want to see! I'll be waiting!
So funny! I liked the abbreviation one andthe penone...we have onbe too many pharmacy rep pens in our drawers and I've learned not to take them with me anywhere!
Post a Comment