Zach was born on March 30, 2004 just missing his Grandpa Bear's birthday by one day. I was very pleased when Zach was given my maiden name as his middle name; his Daddy also has the same middle name.
One day when Zach was just a toddler he and Adam were riding in my car with me. Zach started to babble something that I couldn't understand, and so I asked Adam, "what did Zach say?" Adam's response was, "I don't know, maybe he was speaking Spanish." Another time when Zach was older I took the two boys on a Grandma Day. As we were driving I explained to them how to play the "naner game" (every time you see a yellow car you call out "naner").
Adam was always the quickest to see the "naner's", and even when I gave Zach a head's up Adam called it out first. As we were driving home after our activity, I heard a little voice in the back seat say, "naner". I was so proud of Zach. "Where is it?" I asked excitedly, I looked around but couldn't see a yellow car. "On the sign." Zach replied. He had seen a yellow car on a billboard. What a smart boy.
When we were in Disneyland this summer Zach and I went on the Haunted Mansion ride together (we had planned this "date" before the trip). I was so glad that I was with Zach; he warned me about all of the scary parts, informed me that a ghost would be hitch hiking with us, and then assured me that I didn't need to be scared because it was all fake. It was fun to watch Zach playing at the beach, he had his own little boogie board and he waited patiently to catch a few waves.During our move a few weeks ago Zach came to help. He was a good, hard worker and worked right alongside the men all day long. I was very proud of him.
Andy (Zach's Dad), Zach, and Uncle Jeff in a shed-clearing-out assembly lineThings to know about Zach: He just started kindergarten this year. He loves snacks. He's a good brother. On our most recent Grandma Day we went bowling and Zach started out the game with a strike! He likes to play the WII . He likes to jump on the trampoline. He has a great smile. He's good at hitting a baseball. He loves his family. He's generous. He's kind. He is handsome. He loves to jump, climb, and wrestle. Zach is a good boy. He's a good Grandson. I love Zach and so does the rest of the family, and we are truly grateful that he's a part of our family.
Zach's family: William, Andy, Adam, Kristin, and Zach
7 comments:
What a cute kid! I can't believe he is already in kindergarten. HE has a fantastic smile. :) Les, you are a wonderful grandma!
Zach does have an incredible smile!! When I think of Zach his smile is the first thing I think about!! I love the picture of you and Zach in this post. I can see the love you have for Zach by the expression you have on your face Les.
I had a lot of fun watching Zach at the beach this summer too. I can hardly believe that Zach is alread in kindergarten. He better watch out for those girls chasing him at recess!!
He is a great kid and I like him. In fact I will agree with his G'ma and say I love him. He is a good worker and a GOOD eater. I agree, you are a great Grandma.
What a cutie! I think being a grandma has got to be the best.
And Zach is photogenic. I've only taken a few pictures of the boys, but he looks great in all of them.
Zachy is a fun nephew and I am happy that he likes to be active. He is always up for shooting hoops, throwing a football or hitting a baseball. He is a little athlete and competitor and I love it.
I remember the day you moved and his willingness to help. While some of the bigger grown up men seemed to lose steam, he just kept going and didn't complain one little bit about helping.
He is a cute kid and I love that he is just like his daddy, especially when he walks.
Post a Comment