I am pleased to announce that this is week 24 out of 46 weeks of "Family Friday"; I have officially passed the halfway point. As I stated at the very beginning of the series each family member was chosen randomly. My brother Archie's family is the only one that hasn't yet had a family member featured, that changes this week as I feature his daughter Alyssa.Alyssa was born on July 10, 1990, which also happened to be my 32nd birthday. We have been birthday buddies for the past 19 years. When Alyssa was just a little girl Archie and JuLee organized a Cherry Hill day each year for Alyssa's birthday. It has been a fun tradition which we still do. Alyssa and I have spent many birthdays together at Cherry Hill.
I remember one year (a very young) Alyssa asking me how old I was, I'll never forget the shocked look on her face when I told her. I don't think she had even heard of a number that high before.For many years Mike, Caitlin, and I attended Mountain Fuel (Questar) Lagoon day with Archie, JuLee, and the girls. We looked forward to it every year. Alyssa and her sisters were always so sweet to Caitlin as they all wanted their chance to go on a ride with her.
In 1997 shortly after Alyssa turned seven, our family went on a week long trip to Yellowstone with Alyssa's family. We had such a fun time together. While we were at Old Faithful we could see a storm approaching in the distance. Mike and Archie decided to go get the cars and bring them closer to where we were for a quick get-away. As they made the decision and explained to the rest of us what the plan was Alyssa looked at Uncle Mike and said, "you're the one that got us into this mess." It was hilarious and one of thoses stories that has been repeated many times at family functions.
In Yellowstone National Park in 1997: JuLee, Aubree, Archie, Jeremy's friend Peter Meidell, Jeffrey, Ammanda, Michael, Caitlin, Alyssa (by the look on her face I think she's already thinking that the person standing behind her "got us into this mess"), and JeremyAlyssa is very motivated, she worked hard in school and took college classes during high school. As a result she graduated from Salt Lake Community College with an associates degree one month before she graduated from high school. Very impressive.
Caitlin, Alyssa, Ammanda, Aubree, and Tara at Dana Point Harbor in 2007Things to know about Alyssa: She's attending the U of U and is planning to be a nurse. She plays the violin. She's a good daughter and sister. She is one of eight girls in the family with Ann as a middle name. She is the middle of three sisters. She has a bedroom in the basement with a window well outside, she decorates the well with cute yard decor so that she can enjoy it when her blinds are open. She has a dog named Bisquit. She has a boyfriend. She's a beautiful girl. We all love Alyssa and are so grateful that she is a part of our family.
Alyssa's family: Alyssa, Archie, JuLee, Ammanda, and Aubree
8 comments:
Alyssa is awesome. I have never seen her in an unhappy mood and she is always ready to great me with a big hello. I feel like she honestly listens when she's being talked to as well. She is a beautiful girl and I love her.
You are such a nice family member to do this. What great family history to record your side of a relationship. I am very impressed you have done this each week. Maybe she can help you with her creative decorating skills (and I don't mean for your house........) :)
We have always enjoyed Alyssa's sense of humor. It is very dry and subtle. So, dry and subtle in fact I don't think Alyssa realizes what a great sense of humor she has. She is a GREAT young lady. Is always in a comfortable mood, and is pleasant to be around. I like her. :o) and G'pa confesses he loves her. We will keep her.
I absolutely loved the story about Alyssa telling Mike that he was the one that got you into this mess!! I love Alyssa's happy and cheerful disposition. She is always so kind to me and well mannered. I think it is a HUGE deal that she (and Ammanda and soon to be Aubree) have received their associates degrees while graduating from High School. I have been known to brag about them! Alyssa also must have good boy skills because I know the boys seem to like her too. She is a beautiful girl!!
Hey Everyone, Alyssa here! Aunt Leslie I just wanted to thank you for the beautiful blog you did of me. I thought it was very sweet and it made me laugh so much. I really appreciate all your kind words.
Love Alyssa
Alyssa is awesome...but she has a similar name to mine which confused me for several years at family parties...I've since forgiven her for the confusion I experienced...after all she probably experienced a similar fate lol. She is very sweet and very fun and I wish I could have a chance to know her better but she has always been a great cousin to me!
Hi Leslie this is Julee, thank you for each week bring a family member to lite where they can shine for a week. We love you.
Melissa your comments made me laugh....thanks for sharing...
Alyssa has always impressed me as a a nice and polite girl with a good head on her shoulders. I really enjoyed talking to her when her family came to visit us recently. I thought she was a quiet girl but she actually is very funny and a good conversationalist. A pleasant girl to be around which says a lot about how her parents raised her. I'm a big fan.
Post a Comment