This is my tall, dark, and handsome nephew AJ (Alan Jesse; after each of his Grandfathers). AJ was born in Salt Lake City, but while he was still a baby his family began their adventures in Nevada and Arizona, and now they reside in Rocklin, California. AJ is just a few weeks away from his seventeenth birthday and is starting his Jr. year in high school.
I have known AJ since the day that he was born. His birth was a great blessing to our family much like his sister Tara's was. AJ was very young when his family moved to Reno and then to Yuma. I was able to go visit them in both towns. For AJ's 3rd birthday Caitlin and I flew to San Diego where AJ's family picked us up at the airport and we spent the next two days at Seaworld and Disneyland. I remember asking AJ what his daddy's name was and he would reply in a very serious tone, "Alan....Jr." It was so cute.Although AJ has spent most of his life living away from our Utah family, we have been able to spend a lot of time with him through the years. Sometimes it has been AJ's family visiting Utah and at other times our family visiting California. We've shared many trips to the beach house, Cherry Hill, The drive-in theater during one summer visit, cousin field trips, multiple trips to Disneyland, 17-mile-drive, the 18th hole at Pebble Beach, and many other fun adventures.
AJ catching a wave at San ClementeThis summer while on our family vacation at the beach house, AJ was stung by a bee. The sting which was on his hand started to swell, it was also hot and red. There was a little bit of a fuss made as concerned family members were putting in their "two cents", should he or should he not go to the Doctor?
Things to know about AJ: He is one of four Alan's in our family. He played football during his Freshman year. He is a songwriter. He is a fabulous guitar player. He's funny. He has traveled to the Philippines. He associates with good friends. He is one of only three grandsons that can carry on the Marsden name
(thank goodness they are all good looking). He has great hair. He's a good sport. He is a good son and brother. He has a nickname; AJax. He likes sushi. He has a dog named Jake. He always lets me give him a hug. He's respectful. He is a "Golden Boy". He has a great smile. I know that we are all so glad that AJ is in our family and we all love him too.
AJ's family: Alan, Marivic, AJ, and Tara
8 comments:
I really wish we had the opportunity to associate with AJ more. I miss him and his family. Especially during any family gathering. When we do see them it's usually when they visit UT. AJ is always friendly amd welcoming and doesn't act like coming to UT is boring. He is a good looking young man and I love having good looking nephews! I'm excited because I get to see AJ in just two weeks!!!
I remember that he spelled his name A dot J dot. I assume in reference to "Dot com"
No question he is handsome. He does have a great sense of humor and nothing delights G'Pa more than to get him laughing.
I like him because he "humors" his G'ma :o)
I think we will keep him!
We recently spent the day with AJ and Alan at Donner Summit and vistiting their home. We had a great time. AJ played the guitar for us. He's awesome.
archie
I can't get over how hansome and tall AJ is. AJ is always very kind a respectful. He also has a great sense of humor!! I really enjoy being around AJ. He has those type of eyes that you can tell that something is always going on inside his head...he is a thinker and observer. I never knew about the AJax nickname!! I am so impressed with his music abilities too.
I wish we were going to California in two week too!!
As his "mommy" I think I can be forgiven for bragging about my boy, right? :-)AJ is a wonderful son. He has an obedient heart and he is dependable. He usually performs his duties and responsibilities without needing to be supervised or nagged. He is extremely intelligent but never dorky. He was identified as gifted and talented with high IQ by his school and recently scored as having Advanced Skills in most areas in the California statewide STAR testing. He is a quiet boy but has many, many friends, some of them since grade school. His sister says his friends act more like "followers" because AJ has a strong influence on them. He is a fun boy with a sharp sense of humor. And, of course, he is a good looking boy. Almost every Mom and adult woman who's seen AJ or a picture of him tells me to submit his headshot to modeling agencies! Ha! (I told you I'm gonna brag) But AJ is shy and hates,hates.hates having his picture taken, so that's an amusing suggestion. AJ is an outstanding musician and talented songwriter. But the most important thing is that AJ in his quiet ways is a loving and dutiful son, brother, grandson, nephew, and cousin. I love my AJax. I call him my "heaven's smile". Thank you, Les, for being the lovng person you are and doing Family Fridays.
I drove AJ to school this morning and was delighted to be the one to inform him that he's the subject of "Family Friday." He said "what's family friday?"
Okay, apparently one thing AJ is NOT is a blog reader. I will say he's always been a good boy but now I'll call him a good young man. He is, and I love him.
I love my baby brother!
He recently agreed to give me guitar lessons, though he's charging his big sis 5 bucks a lesson. He's actually getting the raw end of the deal, though he doesn't know it. Before I asked him, I'd planned on offering him 10 dollars a lesson to be nice, but when I came and said, "AJ, will you give me guitar lessons?" he thought he was being real clever and said, "Sure, for five bucks a lesson!" And quickly, I said, "Deal!" (Here's hoping he doesn't bother reading the comments on this blog ;] )
This is AJ to Aunt Lesley:
"Thank you (mumble-mumble)for being so (mumble-mumble) thoughtful and for doing something nice for me. Um...that's all."
This is AJ's mom to Lesley: Les, he really is grateful. But he lost his capacity for language when he became a teen-ager :-)
Post a Comment