Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"No, David!"

Has anyone read the book No, David! by David Shannon? This is what happened at my house when my baby brother David came over to visit.

All of the appliances were removed from my appliance hide-away and....



Surprise!!! My niece Rebecca pops out


Then I go into my living room and discover a life size figurine in my curio cabinet


And who do you think is responsible for these clever antics? Yes, it's David....I mean NO, DAVID!!!

8 comments:

Lilian said...

Yeah well.... when I moved into my house, and DAVID came to see it for the first time, he climbed up and layed down on the island in my kitchen. THEN.... he LICKED IT! Not like a little lolliop lick. He dragged his tongue across the top of the island!

I'm sure that will now make you think twice about taking food that might be sitting on top of my island. Dont worry... I cleaned it REALLY WELL after he left!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! NO DAVID! (yes, I DO have the book!)

Melissa said...

I have read that book several times...in fact it is Adam's favorite book to read to Hannah, I think because it is short and fun.

Yeah I can see how that book was possible made for R. uncle David.

And Lilian, I'm sure it was because he was envisioning all the beautiful food that would be there for New Years day and Superbowl Sundays...etc. He was just claiming it.

Margie said...

Melissa shared that book with me. I don't think it is a coincidence that that is the title of a book. It looks like another generation is being influenced by David. What would we do without David!! I know my life wouldn't be quite as sweet :)!

Aimee said...

How funny! Becca is too cute!

adrienne said...

Too funny! I guess it applies to even "grown up" Davids.

Bea said...

We can always depend on David to make us laugh. "YES DAVID" can.

Stecky said...

I am just still giggling! I am glad you weren't featuring the book Parts!

Lesley said...

I've loved everyone's comments on this post...Becky's and Lilian's had me LOL!!