Friday, February 5, 2010

Family Friday: Featuring My Grandson Mason


There are only five weeks of "Family Friday" left, I can't believe how fast it has gone, I have enjoyed doing it so much. Last week I featured my "baby boy" and this week I am featuring his "baby boy", my grandson Mason.

Mason is one of the sweetest little boys that you could ever meet. He is always pleasant to be with, he's obedient, he listens, he's smart, if there is truly such a thing as the "terrible two's" I am sure they passed right over Mason. But I have to tell a funny story that happened several weeks ago while I was tending Mason at his home, I asked him to do something and he responded, "no Ma." I was giggling inside at his blunt refusal (so unlike him), as well as his reference to me as "Ma". That was pretty cute.

Mason is very tenderhearted. We had a family get together recently and a cousin had hurt feelings. I was talking to the cousin upstairs and Mason happened to be in the room, he could see that someone was sad and came over to offer comfort. A short while later we were all downstairs having a family discussion. It was my turn to say something and I remember seeing Mason sitting directly across the room from where I was standing. I got a little emotional as I was speaking, suddenly I looked down and there was Mason standing at my feet with his arms reaching to me, I hadn't even seen him walk over to me. He saw my tears and immediately came to comfort.

He does a good job of saying the families names, but Caitlin is a little harder to say so he calls her Roe (Rose). Recently while she was tending Mason, he was protecting her from make-believe cougars that he was hunting with his wooden toy gun. He would hold his hand up in a halting motion and say, "stay back Roe!" He was a good protector.

Last summer Mason went on his first beach house trip. He loved t'ocean which pleased me very much. One day Jeremy took him out in the water and Mason couldn't get enough of it. We were all entertained as we watched Mason and his daddy play in the water.


Mason has always liked his Grandpa Bear, they have fun together. Grandpa likes to be silly sometimes, whenever he sees Mason he messes up his own hair, Mason liked that, so now when we say to Mason, "what does Grandpa do?" Mason messes up his hair just like Grandpa does. He also likes it when Grandpa does his Tigger impersonation.

I love this picture of Mason and Grandpa Bear looking at our Disneyland scrapbook in anticipation of our Disneyland trip last summer

Things to know about Mason: he has a wonderful smile. He always looks handsome. His hair always looks good (then he sees Grandpa Bear and he messes it up). He loves to go places with his daddy. He loves his mommy. He learned how to do baby sign language when he was a baby. He loves to play the drums when he come over to our house. He's going to be a big brother very soon. He loves tractors. He's all boy. He likes to read books. He likes Tigger. He's a BYU fan!! I'm so grateful for Mason and I know that everyone else in the family is too, we all love him so much.

Mason's family: Emily, Mason, and Jeremy

8 comments:

Bea said...

What a great young man he is. He is all you say. I enjoy being with him. He sounds like he is a charmer like his Daddy. and plays very realistically. Way to go Mason!!!!!

Lilian said...

Mason is a very cute little kid. I got a huge kick out of watching him play in t'ocean last summer. I even seem to remember him running without the diaper through the water. He clearly loved it! I was also very impressed that he knew everyone's names at the beach. We don't get to see Mason very often at all and it was quit impressive that he still knew who we all were. Jeremy and Emily are teaching him well.

Such a sweet little boy... and soooo handsome!!

em said...

From Mason: "Ohhhh, sanks (thanks), Ma!" I just finished reading this to him, and as we read the Gpa part about the hair, he laughed and said, "yeah, mess ma hair up," and proceeded to mess his hair up and then did a little horsey kick in the air. It was pretty cute!

em said...

What a sweet post, Lesley, thank you for the nice things you wrote about Mason. I feel so blessed to be Mason's mommy, and woke up at about 6 am this morning just thinking about what a special little angel boy he is. We have been packing up our belongings the last few days, and he hasn't fussed for anything ONCE! He has played quietly and contently, and just seems to know that mommy and daddy are busy and he needs to be a big boy right now. He is SO tenderhearted...it makes me cry just thinking about all the times he has comforted me over the last two years. I don't know WHAT, if anything, I did to deserve to be sent such a perfect, good little boy. I know that he will accomplish many great things in this life, and just love each new day and year that goes by as he grows older and can communicate better with us. He is my best little buddy, and I truly enjoy spending my days home playing with him. Mason just hopped onto my bed and said, "daddy love me, you love me, too mommy, baby love me." We do, we LOVE MASON! And, Ma and Gpa do, too!

Anonymous said...

Mason is such a darling little boy. I had giggle fits at the christmas party this year when mason literally ran around the whole time at the party. I don't think i've ever seen him cry. He is so adorable!

Margie said...

Mason is such a sweet boy!! He is so darling with all of us. When we were at the beach house last summer Tim showed him a trick. Mason watched Tim very carefully and I watched Mason very carefully. I could see Mason's mind wrapping around what he was learning and so quickly he picked it right up and did the trick back to Tim. We couldn't believe how smart he was. He is also a charmer!!

He always looks so hansome and has such a happy smile on his face. We love Mason and we are so glad he is in our family!!

Marivic said...

Mason had me at Hello :-) He is so adorable! I am so glad I was able to spend a little time with him and enjoy his cuteness when the family was at the beach house. He totally charmed me. Jeremy and Emily are doing such a great job parenting him and it shows. My only objection if you can call it that is that he is a true blue BYU fan, and we are partial to the Utes, but otherwise, Mason is perfect.

Archie said...

Mason is awesome. He's packed with charm and personality and has some awesome parents.

We love Mason!!!

JuLee & Archie