Wednesday, March 30, 2011

5 Truths and a Lie

1. I stood on the edge of a curb outside the gates of Buckingham Palace as a car carrying Sarah Ferguson drove through.

2. I sent a manuscript to The Friend magazine.


3. I was a lead in my stake musical when I was 17. I did pretty well.... except for that one song.


4. I don't like going to dances.


5. I once experienced uncontrollable giggles while giving a talk at the church pulpit.


6. I think it would be fun to perform the song Secret Love from the musical Calamity Jane.


So my friends, which one is the lie?

7 comments:

Melwel said...

ok Les, I am guessing that the Secret Love song from Calamity Jane is the lie....and might possibly be "that one song" that you muffed up as the lead in the stake play.

Alan said...

I remember road shows but I don't remember a stake musical when you were 17. I'm guessing Stake Musical is the lie?

Bea said...

I agree with Alan

Lilian said...

The story about Sarah Ferguson sounds much like a story of my own. Only my story has the Queen herself driving by. So I believe that one.

As for the rest? I'll just go with what mom and Alan said.

toni said...

the song is my guess

Margie said...

I am a little stumped! I better go with mom, Alan & Lilian. I am thinking it is a bit of a trick, like you were 15 not 17 when you were the lead.

Tiffany said...

I'm not sure which one is a lie, but I want to hear about the uncontrollable fit of giggles at the pulpit. What a fun idea!