
This classic is from a long, long time ago. I'm guessing that it's possibly Easter Sunday 1964? Mother I'm sure will clarify in the comment section. There I am; just 5 1/2 years old, Archie is 4, and Timothy is 2 1/2. We were very proud of our baby brother Alan, who I often heard Mother say "was the firstborn in the wilderness", because of course we older three were born in Ireland. This photo was part of Dad and Moms 50th anniversary DVD (an excellent production which was produced by Alan). In the DVD, Alan states how he used to be jealous of the older siblings because we were born in Ireland, but as he grew older he came to the realization... that unlike him, none of the three older children qualify to be President of the United States! Hey, this is an election year!
Side note: I was just in kindergarten in this photo but I can still remember that dress. It was white with pink polka dots and the little jacket was pink.
Second side note: We had only been in America about a year-and-a-half at this time. That was the duplex we lived in upon our arrival. It was torn down several years ago but it was located on 5th south in WB just below the refinery and the second set of railroad tracks. I drive by there quite often when going to work or to Andy's house. There are some interesting buildings currently going up on the site of our first home in America.
Okay, third side note: Do you think those little kids still had Irish accents?
6 comments:
Wow. Great memory Les. I drive by that area every once in awhile. Even though the buildings are gone I have some good memories.
Thanks for sharing!
PS- Got to love those glasses. :-)
Tender moment. It's funny that you mention the little Irish accents because I actually wondered that before you said it.
What a sweet photo! You are all four just adorable!
Don't you love how memories put down roots in your mind and then take up permanent residence. I thought it was great that you could recall the colors of that little dress so perfectly. In your mind, you can probably still feel the fabric under your hand. I am enthralled by memories and what a part of us they are.
I am just about to post a colored picture of you all that I just acquired. I bet you still had bits of accents. I loved that dress but am a little confused about the timeline. We will have to confer on that.......
I love your classics, I always wonder which picture it is......
Aren't babies adorable :)
Definitely one of my favorite photo from the Marsden family photo album. You all look so adorable, but I must say that I love the baby boy in the middle most of all!
Post a Comment