Saturday, February 18, 2012

In Living Color

It was a complete coincidence when I posted my "Classics and Favorites" yesterday, that my Mother had just received a disc from my cousin of pictures that were in the form of slides. My uncle found them in his garage. Many of the photos were of my parents in Ireland and England. There were some of me and my siblings, my cousins, and family friends. But all of them were in color. So what? you may say. This is what... I have never seen a picture of me this young; in color. And here is the coincidence... this photo was taken on the same day as the photo I shared in yesterdays "Classics and Favorites". If indeed it was taken on Easter Sunday; that day was on March 29, 1964. I am certain it was Easter. The picure I shared yesterday was on the front steps of our home, but this picture was taken at my grandparents home on Kensington Avenue in SLC. I'm sure we went in for an Easter Sunday visit. I love seeing this dress in color. As I mentioned in yesterdays post, it was white with pink polka dots and the jacket was pink. Mother reminded me that she made the dress (I thought so) and that the lining of the jacket was the same fabric as the dress. Notice the sweet little bracelet I'm wearing. I'm not sure why... but it makes me happy to see that I had it! It just makes a person wonder... how many more "treasures" are tucked away in peoples garages?

4 comments:

Bea said...

It is true, unfortunatley we do not have a garage.:o(

Margie said...

That is so cool!! I love that it is in living color too! You looks so cute Les!!

AnJ. said...

I just love family pictures and this one is so cute!

Now the family history researcher in me wants to tell you to get that thing scanned before it can break down anymore. :)

Georgia said...

What an adorable little girl in her pink, polka dot dress!