Last week I posted a picture of Jeffrey Michael on his blessing day... this week I'm posting a favorite picture of Sander Michael on his blessing day (last Sunday), with me and Michael. We have been blessed with nine beautiful grandchildren; seven boys and two girls. Each is unique and we love them so much.I recently picked up (5-year-old) William from his school bus. As the door to the bus opened I could hear the bus driver say to Will, "there's Grandma" as a smiling William literally leaped from the steps of the bus into my arms. What Grandma wouldn't love that?
I made each of the grandchildren a blanket last Christmas. The day after Christmas we were all at Jeremy and Emily's home for a family party. Little Tanner (soon to be two) had his blanket in his arms and was standing several feet away from me when I said, "do you know why Grandma made that blanket for you? 'cause I love you!" His face broke out in a big smile as he spontaneously ran across the floor to give me a hug. I'll never forget that.
I love it when Jane (19 months old) smiles and reaches for me when she sees me. My ego is really boosted when I say to her, "who loves Grandma?" and she raises her little hand and says, "me."
Mason (4 1/2) is our "true to the blue" BYU fan. When BYU and Utah played last fall and BYU scored a touchdown, I sent off a text to Mason's daddy saying, "yay!!" I've got to cheer for my little BYU guy as much as I do for my little (and big) Utah guys.
Adam (soon to be a 10-year-old) is our firstborn grandchild. He always has a hug for Grandma and Grandpa every time we see him. He has the nicest manners, and although he's getting older he still loves "Grandma Days" which makes me happy (and we need to schedule one).
I love spending time with Miss Avery (3-year-old). Recently she came over and we played with American Girl dolls.... but as girly as she is, when I asked her who likes the Packers? she replied, "me and Grandpa!!"
Zachary (soon to be an 8-year-old) is a good worker, and when I put him in charge he gets the job done. I'll never forget how hard he worked as a "mover" when we moved 2 1/2 years ago... and he was not quite 5 1/2 at the time.
Little James (just about to be 18 months old) just makes me smile. When he smiles his dimples appear and his whole face lights up. I could just squeeze and cuddle him forever.
Baby Sander (four months) is so sweet. He talks to me and has the most beautiful smiles. He is a precious baby boy and a wonderful addition to our family!!
3 comments:
I have to agree with your descriptions of your Grandkids.
#1 Their Dads are my Grandkids :o)
#2 They are my great grandkids.
#3 I love their Grandpa
#4 I love their Grandma, she is an elect lady. :o)
Love this list. What a great post. You are a wonderful Grandma.
What a great list of lucky children to have you for their grandma and to have Bea and Alan Marsden as great-grandparents.
How fun is must be to be a grandma! It sounds like you are enjoying every minute of it.
PS on of the two identification words I have to type in below is "grandays" How appropriate is that!?
Post a Comment