Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I Really Could've Used That Hour

It was a busy, busy weekend... every six months like clockwork (pun intended) Mike brings out his ladder so that we can move the clock forward/backward. While I change the battery and set the new time; Mike dusts the window ledge, the hanging light, the corners of the entryway ceiling, and washes the window. He's a keeper!!




Anyone remember my recent post about homemade fries? I decided I needed to make some, so... I invited the family over (not everyone could make it). It was a very busy Sunday, I attended two three-hour blocks of church meetings then came home to make the fries. Here are the before and after pictures of the fries. They are so yummy!!










Whenever our family comes over the children always end up in Grandpa Bears music room. They love it!! There are so many fun things to play with in there. The drums are probably the favorite... but then the microphones are a big hit as well. I laughed on Sunday as Avery called to Mike from the music room, "Grandpa, Grandpa come turn on the music." There are so many cords, and switches, and... stuff!! I didn't even know which one to turn on. Then Mason made me laugh, it seemed he was playing weather man as I heard his voice over the mic saying, "it's going to be sunny today." and then... "it's going to be windy today." Even cute little Jane discovered her voice over the microphone. Little Sander just watched... I'm sure in another year or two he will be drumming and singing as much as the rest of them.












5 comments:

Lilian said...

I know what I'm having for dinner tonight! This inspired me!!

Mike looks cute in his hat! :-)

Georgia said...

What a cute post! I agree, I could have used that hour too. But you at least made good use of the daylight and did all that clock setting, dusting, window washing and french fry making. YUM!

PS Those grandchildren are A-DOR-ABLE!

Lesley said...

Haha... Mike is wearing Caitlin's hat!!

Bea said...

I will have more fries please and pass the vinegar!!!!!

Margie said...

Those fries look so good Les!! As I am watching my points!! Today is a 44 point day though and we are going out to eat :)