Friday, March 23, 2012

Classics and Favorites: First Family Picture 1993


Last week was Caitlin's birthday, so it seems appropriate to share a favorite picture taken minutes after her birth.

When I went to my very first OB appointment I told my Doctor that I would like the baby to be born on St. Patrick's Day. My due date was so close to that day, and after all... I was born in Ireland. I was induced early that morning and amazingly it was my longest labor ever. Caitlin Rose (perfect name for a St. Patrick's Day baby girl) made it with just 55 minutes to spare. I came to the conclusion that Caitlin and Ashleigh had spent some time together, and waited as long as possible to say "goodbye".

Caitlin's birth brought a lot of joy and healing to our family. Just look at the smiles on our faces. She was, and continues to be a gift. Happy birthday Rose!!

4 comments:

Archie said...

Very nice post Les. It's crazy how the time flies.

Love you, mean it.

Archie

Margie said...

What a gift Caitlin has been. I'm glad you guys were able to celebrated at Five All's too. Can you believe she has just about finished her first year in college too?

Georgia said...

How cute is that?

The photo is adorable, your family is so cute! How lucky you got your little Irish Caitlin Rose on St. Patrick's Day! How sweet to imagine the sisters enjoying their time together before Ashleigh sent Caitlin to the family.

Lilian said...

I was there....well, outside the door... and I got to hear her first cries! YAY ROSIE!