Our first feat of the day was to get all car seats/booster seats to fit in the back of the Silver Bullet. It was tough. I managed to get one boy at a time in his assigned seat and get him buckled in. By the time it was Zach's turn, the seats were so squished together it was hard to get my hand in between them to get that last "click" in. What a relief when it finally clicked; no grandchild of mine on my watch is going in my car without being safely buckled in.
We waited all afternoon for Grandpa Bear to come home so that we could pick our pumpkins that we planted on Grandma day last spring. We got most of them, but there are still a few more that will be ripe enough for picking over the next couple of weeks.


The event we looked forward to the most was a campfire and hot dog roast. Adam and Zach were very proud to gather "100" sticks for the fire.
The boys decided it would be fun to climb up Grandma's tree.
With some help from Grandma they were successful.
After a busy day with much activity there were baths and showers and time for bed. Actually....they're just waiting for popcorn, sprite, and a movie.
And here's the exciting part: We get to start all over again tomorrow....anyone up for some conference bingo!?!
9 comments:
Looks like you guys are going to have a fun couple of days! I think being a grandparent would be so fun - but I'm in no rush for my baby's to grow up just yet! I haven't forgotten that you tagged me, I'm just having a rough time coming up with quirky things. I'll work on it. Oh, and I love your background!
I didn't know you had pumpkins growing!!! What a fun grandma you are! The boys sure look happy to be there too! Where are mommy and daddy???? Most likely enjoying some PEACE AND QUIET!
Grandparents who help out with overnighters are the best..only Todd and I never know what to think, it is just TOO quiet! Looks like you had a ton of fun in your own little pumpkin patch.
Lesley you are the best Grandma, not just today but EVERYDAY you are always thinking of your "little guys". You did the right thing first, no other plans than to be a Grandma !!!!!!:o)
we await with bated breath your next report.
Wow, loads of fun it seems. Sounds like you love being a grandma, Les. I hope I will be a good grandma like you, but I also hope I won't become one for a few more years :-)
Nice looking crop of pumpkins, and grandchildren!
You are a wonderful grandma!! I hope Adam is feeling better. It looks like all of you had a lot of fun together. Maybe one of these days I will be a grandma too. From what I hear it is the BEST. I'm glad you are enjoying the boys!!
Oh wow Les, what a great post! You are such a fun Grandma! I can't believe how handsome all of those boys are. They sure are growing up fast.
Hey, just so you know, I am going private on my blog. Will you email me your email address? stufanu@gmail.com.
Love ya Les!
I just love you Lesley! But of course you're a fantastic Grandma...you have the best to emulate in Trixie and Alan : )
This is exactly what my kids used to have with my mom...and they cherish every one of those memories now. Those boys will never forget how important and loved you've made them feel!
Post a Comment