How beautiful the hands that served the wine and the bread and the sons of the earth.
How beautiful the feet that walked the long, dusty roads and the hill to the cross.
How beautiful the heart that bled, that took all my sin and bore it instead.
How beautiful the tender eyes that choose to forgive and never despise.
How beautiful the radiant Bride who waits for her Groom with his light in her eyes.
How beautiful when humble hearts give the fruit of pure lives so that others may live.
How beautiful, how beautiful, how beautiful is the body of Christ.
And as He laid down his life, we offer this sacrifice: that we will live just as he died, willing to pay the price.
How beautiful the feet that bring the sound of good news and the love of the King.
How beautiful the hands that serve the wine and the bread and the sons of the earth.
How beautiful, how beautiful, how beautiful is the body of Christ.
These are the words to my favorite song in next weeks We Also Sing concert in the Tabernacle. There are a couple of lines that particularly stand out to me at this time in my life, and I'm sure that if you read them there will be those that have special meaning to you. When this song was introduced to us at our first rehearsal, I wrote these words at the top of my music "his light; in our eyes". How Beautiful is appropriately titled. Tickets are still available for the 5:30 and 7:30 performances on November 1. This is the phone number you can call for free tickets 801-570-0080.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow. That is very touching. Looks like we will need to bring tissues to the concert.
As I read that, I wonder why we sometimes take for granted the sacrifice and love that makes salvation possible.
It also reminds me of the closing lines of Elder Corbridge's talk in last General Conference (emphasis added):
"I bear record of Him, even Jesus Christ, that He is the Son of the living God, He is the Bread of Life, He is the Truth, He is the Resurrection and the Life, He is the Savior and the Light of the World. He is the Way, the only Way."
"May we have the good sense to follow Him."
"How beautiful the heart that bled, that took all my sin and bore it instead."
That's my favorite line. Good luck at the concert, Les. I'm sure it will be a resounding success and you will be stellar.
When I have a moment this week I'll "advertise" your concert on my blog just in case I have lurkers (if any) from Utah who might want to see the concert.
Post a Comment