
That is exactly what the sign said, "puppkins for sale". And what a successful sale it was. It all started one Grandma day last spring....Adam, Zachary, and Grandma planted ten hills of pumpkins.

It was a bright,sunny day and Grandma tends to get a little over zealous with the sunscreen.

Last month we picked most of the pumpkins. There were a few that needed a little more time on the vines to ripen.

Then came the evening of the big sale. Adam made the signs while Zach and Grandma set up the stand and the pumpkins. Then the customers came. They very carefully considered their budgets and the quality of their purchases. But all of the customers went away happy and satisfied (at least we haven't had any returns yet).




When it was time to close the stand, Adam and Zach each pocketed $10; then they went home with Mommy and Daddy where they were going to get a family night lesson on....tithing.
9 comments:
I love it!! What a fun experience for your grandkids!
Ah tender moment!
les, go over to my blog and grab your award for your sidebar.
We were so going to come and purchase a couple of pumpkins, but I forgot (Mike came home early to start on a painting project I have been wanting for MONTHS!!) I was so shocked it sent me into a frenzy.
It was a fun FHE. I got 2 pumkins and I am going to learn how to cook pumpkin and then make a pumpkin pie. Granpa loves pie, but pumpkin is not his favorite :o)What a fun Grandma you are :o)
how fun! sorry we missed it--jer was working late and mason wasn't feeling well.....;(
what a great idea that was to plant pumpkins with the kids. can you do it again next year so that mason can have a grandma day planting pumpkins??? he would love that! ;)
What a great idea Les!! I loved the pictures of the boys. You are such a darling Grandma. I still can hardly get used to the fact you are a Grandma. How the years go. I still think you ought to be able to borrow your mom's maternity clothes LOL!!!
hey, Les, since you are in Halloween spirit do you want to play Boo? If you do come to my blog :-)
How could any blog be cuter than that? What darling grandchildren you have. You are an inspiration to me as a grandmother. (You are actually an inspiration to me in 100's of aspects.) Thanks again for my presents. I went in and looked at the angels. You gave me the garden and the bright star one also. And I love them! You are great.
I'm sad we missed this grand event! We don't have any pumpkins!!! You are a fun grandma Les! I hope I am a fun grandma too! (But I can wait!)
Post a Comment