I received this award from my sister-in-law Marivic, known to the blogging world as Little Grumpy Angel. As a recipient of this award I'm required to share 6 things about myself. I've shared so many things about me on this blog that I decided I'd be a little "kreativ" as the title of the award suggests. I'm going to do a Paul Harvey and tell ..."the rest of the story" pertaining to information I've already shared. Here goes...1. Anyone who is anyone knows how I feel about birds. Many years ago my daughter Ashleigh got a bird feeder in her Happy Meal. It was a little palm tree with a dish near the base where the birdseed went. It had a suction cup attached so you could stick it on the window. Like a good mommy I put my fears aside and I suctioned the feeder to the outside (of course the outside) of the big living room window. One day just as I was walking up to the window a bird flew up to the feeder. I jumped and screamed, it jumped and screamed...that was the day I discovered that birds feel the same way about me.
2. Most everyone knows that I was a contestant on "The Price Is Right". But do you know about this? After I bid on the first item there was a commercial break. The contestants sit in those chairs that say THE PRICE IS RIGHT. As I was sitting there one of the producers came up and knelt in front of me and asked, "Lesley are you chewing gum?" I nodded my head. She put out her hand palm up, I felt like a little kid who's mom caught her chewing a whole pack. I had to spit my gum out and put it in her hand.
3. I've mentioned that I'm a real safety freak. One summer Andy was going to scout camp and had to meet at the home of one of his leaders which was around the corner from us. In was early in the morning and pitch black outside, but he was going to walk on his own. So I said goodbye, and as soon as he left I sneakily followed him down the street to make sure he got there okay. The only problem was, I was wearing my big fuzzy robe. Everytime I saw headlights coming down the street, I'd hurry and hide behind trees and shrubs along the way.
4. You may remember a previous post about "freckles", you know the one. Not long after that happened I went into Chevron again for a fill-up and a free carwash. This time I came just a little short of the 8 gallon requirement to get the carwash, but me being me decided I'd take the chance and ask anyway. It was the same lady working that day. She was nice and willing to give me the carwash, but it wasn't working that day. She said if I came back Saturday she'd give me the coupon. Being the Apollonian that I am, I wanted to be sure she didn't forget the promise or me, her response to my concern, "...I remember you." I think she told me what to do with my freckles. I didn't go back on Saturday.
5. I've mentioned in a few posts that I'm singing in a concert this Saturday, what I haven't told is this: I auditioned for a solo in the concert, I did get a call back but I wasn't chosen, so I guess I was a call back away from singing a solo in the Salt Lake Tabernacle. What do I always say?...it's just a pleasure being nominated.
6. I love getting comments on my blog, I love reading about my family and friends on a daily basis, and occasionally I go blog lurking.
....and that's the rest of the story.
5 comments:
These are fun things to read. And I DON'T THINK I KNEW YOU WERE A CONTESTANT ON THE PRICE IS RIGHT. How very very cool! I love the bathrobe story. You are such a crackup. As you recall I told you the other day that the reason I love you so much is because, I think, maybe, just maybe, you are quirkier than me!!! Love ya!
I loved reading all of your "kreativ" bits about yourself. I can just see you in your robe, sneaking after your son! Too Funny!
Les, #1 and #3 cracked me up. I love reading all these things about you. Even though I'm familiar with the general story it's always fun to get the details.
I can just picture you on the Price is Right! So funny about the gum :) What I want to know is did you win anything?
Very Kreativ stories Les. I must not have even bothered to read the rules of getting the award. I guess I was just so excited to get the award, I didn't even pay attention.
We are excited about tomorrow night.
Post a Comment