Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What's In A Name? A Prize....That's What!

When I was 10 years old there was a television show that I loved called Here Come The Brides. It was set in the 1800's and was about a community of loggers and mail order brides in Seattle. The main characters were three brothers whose names were Jason, Joshua, and Jeremy. Jeremy (my favorite on the show) was played by Bobby Sherman who became a teen idol in the 70's along with David Cassidy and Donny Osmond. I loved the name and thought that someday I might like to name a son Jeremy, which I did. So...if you chose Jeremy you were correct; but....only one person can win. I wrote everyone's names on slips of paper and then folded them up teeny, tiny and dropped them on the floor. Mike picked one up and I opened it and the winner is....




EMILY (Jeremy's wife)

*Tune in tomorrow for the final installment of the "Mike & Les" series

8 comments:

Bea said...

Well as you say, it is just a pleasure being nominated. Just knowing I guessed right is sufficient. He was a cute boy and is still a "cute" young man. Go Jeremy

em said...

WOW, really??? I never win anything! How exciting to be the winner, THANK YOU, and as you and gma both said, "it's just a pleasure being nominated!" ha ha

I love that story behind Jeremy's name! I never knew where he got his name, and now I do! ;)

Alan said...

I guessed right (via Marivic)!
I knew there was something to the name Jeremy from back in the day and now I remember.
"The bluest skies you've ever seen in Seattle. And the hills are green as green in Seattle." Pretty good memory for someone who was just five, right....

Lilian said...

I think the whole thing was RIGGED! Rigged I tell ya! So what? Does the winner get to keep Jeremy??

BobN said...

Maybe next time we can pick a winner by who can guess how many jelly beans are in the jar :-)

Lilian said...

Laughing out Loud at BOB!

Melissa said...

Adam got his name from the T.V. show 8 is enough lol. His mom liked Adam Rich and so Adam had his same hair cut...so cute!

Archie said...

I got it wrong, but here's why. Now I remember that it was this high-school girlfriend of mine who also had this pick-your-kids-names-years-before-you-have-them thing. She liked the name Jeff and when my sister named one of her son's Jeff my girlfriend got all upset. Note to the next generation. You can't go wrong with "Archie" :-)