Monday, April 27, 2009

Selling The House

I've had several inquiries about the status of the sale of our house so I thought I'd post a quick update. We put the house up for sale 4 weeks ago today. It has been shown 7 times (including 3 times within 4 days last week). Our agent (Jeremy) told us that the average length of time a house (currently) is on the market is 90 days, and the fact that our house has already been shown 7 times is good.

We rented a storage unit and have taken lots of stuff over there to alleviate the "crowded" look in our little home.

My Dad painted our family room and hallway downstairs, including all the doors and trim. Mike put a new ceiling in the basement bathroom and installed new towel holders.

I am working on removing wallpaper in the kitchen and getting it ready to paint. Every day we have to be ready at a moments notice to leave the house so it can be shown to a potential buyer. We've had a few (7) quick pick-up the house and escapes, and so far so good. There is still much to do but it is a work in progress. I'm leaving for BYU Women's Conference on Wednesday so Mike and Caitlin will be in charge of keeping things going smoothly.

We've had LOTS of questions about our new home. We don't have one. There is a home we really would like but there is nothing definite yet. As soon as our house sells we will be in a much better position where that house is concerned.

Here are a few pictures of what is going on in our busy-house-selling-life!

My Dad (being silly as usual) is always willing to help us out

The finished hallway (except for the blue tape I hadn't removed yet)

The before version of the family room

I painted the shelves after Dad painted the room (ooops! more blue tape)

Miss Avery came over for a visit when I was painting the shelves

This is the house we hope to buy

The back of the house; it is beautiful inside also

8 comments:

Bea said...

Great post, nice basement, fabulous dream house, cute painter. Wanna introduce me?
IT.WILL.HAPPEN.

Archie said...

Great update Les. I'm standing by with my truck to help you guys move. You may recall that's something I've done well in the past. :-)

Always fun to see dad kidding around. If you're going to keep 'em rolling in the halls its best to have a paint roller.

Even online I've still got it.

Lilian said...

Trying to LOL at Archie's comment!

Yes Arch, you've still got it!

It's an annoying process trying to sell a house! I hope it works out for you and you get the house you want!!

Lesley said...

Since writing this post late this afternoon, a "showing" has been scheduled for tomorrow morning. At least I have a little time to "pick-up and escape".

Margie said...

I'm so glad you gave an update!! It sounds like a lot of work and very busy, but you are managing things well.

Your new house looks wonderful!! How exciting for you guys.

I'm excited to see you at Women's Conference. It should be great!

adrienne said...

It sounds like things are going pretty good. I hope everything works out and you get that dream house you've got your eye on! :)

Tiffany said...

If you ever need a quick escape and have no where to go, you're always welcome to come hang out with me! I seem to be home a lot lately . . .

Little GrumpyAngel said...

That's a beautiful house you're planning to move to, Les. I sincerely hope it happens for you. I don't envy you the selling your old house part though. I've been through that 2x, and I hated having to keep the house immaculate and ready to show at a moment's notice...brutal. But it will be worth it once you're in your new home.