Sunday, August 16, 2009

August 16, 1990


Life is continually moving forward; with every choice we make and every step we take....we never know what may be around the next corner. Our choices and steps determine consequences; good or bad....and sometimes things just happen to us that we have no control over, and then our only choice is how do I react?

August 16, 1990 was the day that my life changed forever; I thought it was the end of the world, but it wasn't, it was just the first day of the rest of my life. And my life keeps moving forward.

10 comments:

Lilian said...

I cannot even comprehend. But I love my sister. And my little niece.

Stecky said...

That was a very intense day. I felt like I should have done more, but what do you do when you are in shock? I am so grateful that I got to meet an angel.

Bea said...

That picture took me by surprise as I opened your blog.
What a day!

Tiffany said...

You are such an inspiration Lesley.

Margie said...

I have always looked up and admired you Les. You are a great inspiration and you have the eternal perspective!! I love you!!

Karalee said...

I'm glad you posted this. We should never stop remembering and marking these days that are so pivotal and important to us....and also to help us remember that it is possible to be happy again after such a tragedy. But happy in a different way. Love you!

Melwel said...

HEY.... I remember this day too.... I'm glad you posted this. Sometimes at the Highschool, I have to catch myself, because I start to call Kaitlyn, Ashleigh....it's wild.
It's great to know we have shared our lives for this long and more....

em said...

This is such a pretty picture of Ashleigh. She looks like a little angel. What a sweet post.

Archie said...

I was on vacation when you posted this Les. Sorry to comment so late.

Ashleigh is forever in our hearts.

I Love You.

Archie

Michelle Arnett said...

Beautiful. Truly, that is how it is. You think "How can this life go on." But surely it does. For me it's gone on for 3 years, for you, 18. Truly, it is the first day of the rest of our new lives. Thank you for sharing your beautiful little girl. Loves.