This week on Family Friday I'm featuring my niece Emily who is one of the younger of my nieces and nephews. When Emily was born her family lived across the street from us, she was such a beautiful baby and it was so fun to have her nearby. Emily's family bought a home a couple of years later, but it was still in our neighborhood which has been a lot of fun for our two families.
Shortly after Emily's fourth birthday she was able to go to the Bountiful Temple with her family and be sealed for time and all eternity. She was such a little girl and I wondered if she would understand what was happening. She was perfect. It was such a happy day for all of our family.
Emily and her younger sister Rebecca are the only "little" nieces that I have. Last year I decided that we were going to have a "Princess Party"; of course we included Caitlin and Chelsea and we all had a wonderful time. Emily dressed up as the Princess Aurora. We ate Princess pizza, did Princess crafts, and had a Princess treasure hunt.I have loved being in the same neighborhood and ward as Emily. Recently I happened to walk by my family room window just as Emily and her friend were riding their bikes past my house, the window was open and I could hear Emily say to her friend, "that's my aunts house." I love it when I see Emily at church, when she sees me her face breaks out in a big smile and she comes over to give me a hug.
Emily occasionally drops by for a visit bringing Becca or Derek, or sometimes both with her; one day she even brought her friend Liesl. Earlier in the summer on one such visit she settled herself on the sofa and began to talk.

I loved just sitting there and listening to her. She talked about the book she was reading, about her experiences at school, she told me about her friends, I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.
This summer it was so much fun being at the beach house and at Disneyland with Emily. When it was just about midnight and it was time to leave Disneyland, Mike, Caitlin, and I went on one last ride on "The Pirates of the Caribbean" with Emily's family. We still had a little "yo ho, yo ho" left in us.
Emily looking out for her little sister Becca at t'oceanSome things to know about Emily: I call her Mini Em Bem. Her family calls her Beast. She is very good at cleaning. I thinks she's a mini Apollonian. She's a good student. She has several pets including a dog named Bruce Wayne. When she was a toddler she swallowed a tiny battery. She loves her family. She has a blog! She is a Girl Scout. She loves to do crafts. She is just about to start the 5th grade. She has a beautiful smile. We are all so grateful and blessed to have Emily in our family, and we all love her.
10 comments:
It's nice to learn more about my niece. I miss so much living away from Utah. We always love seeing Emily when we get to. It's not often enough though.
Funny story about Emily and the swallowed battery: I'm not sure how old she was at the time, I'm thinking about 3 or 4. She was in the backseat of my car about a week after the battery incident. Michael asked her "Did you swallow a battery?"
"Yes"
"How did you get it out?"
"It came out in my poop"
"When it came out did it go 'zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz'" As he tried to make a sound of some sort of electrical current! It was pretty funny.
Mini Embem is a very cute girl. Very smart too. She seems to be the quiet one in that family. I love having her for my niece.
We've had Emily at our house a few times. She certainly is a fun girl. Megan was excited to see Emily on her class list for 5th grade.
She is a very fun cousin. Although I've lived away for most of her life, she is always super sweet when we get to come visit. She's also very animated and always has great stories. She loves to laugh about everything and seems to be just a very pleasant person to be around.
I love that Mini Embem and I share the same name and nickname. ;)
I remember when Jer and I tended Emily while we were in high school, and she was probably Mason's age. I thought she was such a fun little girl, and she has grown up to be such an exceptional girl. She was SO fun with Mason at the beach house, played with him, and made him laugh. We love Emily!!!
Emily must have been a beautiful baby, because look at her now! :-) When Emily was a little girl and the couple of times we visited Utah she always asked me to show her how to draw, then she would also draw for me. She is a very talented girl. I remember that she beamed when I used to sing my small-circle-big-circle song to show her how to draw a pig. I love Mini Em Bem. She always has such a serene aura about her. I'm glad I had the chance to see her again this summer at the beach house.
And a talented pianist to boot!
Thanks for the nice things you guys said about me. And I dont even remember having that conversation with michael.
Emily always makes you feel loved and important. She does have a beautiful smile and I can tell she is a very smart girl everytime we have a conversations together. She is very sweet and kind to others around her!! I love Emily!!
I remember the day she was sealed to her family. All I could see above the altar was her eyes. !!!!
She is a good sister and a good friend and a good housekeeper, and she loves hugs!!!! and Granpa and I love her!!!
Post a Comment