I am writing this post early Friday morning and scheduling it to post on Monday because at any point my computer will be disconnected and packed in a box for moving and I don't know when it will be ready to use again (it depends on how soon my Internet is connected). On Wednesday Aug. 26, 2009 we signed the papers relinquishing our home of 27 years; I didn't cry (at that moment). Then on Thursday August 27, 2009 we signed papers on our new home. At any point (possibly today) funds will be transferred and I will be living in someone else's house (right now it's still my house, but in a few hours it may not be) and I will be required to leave. Our plan is to move tomorrow, but we may not be able to get into our new home until Monday (everything depends on when those funds transfer). We may be sleeping over at Granma and Granpa's for the weekend. There is much to do, I'm surrounded by boxes and moving disorder, I have a talk to prepare for Sunday, I'm not sure that Family Friday will post on Friday (cross your fingers for the Internet soon, next Friday's post is almost completed but not quite), I need to call all of the utility companies, I don't know where we'll be sleeping tomorrow.....but it's a great adventure and I am excited.
As for all of you that are reading this post; by the time you read it, all of what I just described should be past....I hope. There will be a whole new series of events at that point; unpacking, setting up beds, decorating, picking out towels and rugs, putting dishes away, and the list goes on....but it's a great adventure and I'm excited (did I already say that?)
Love you all!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
But, what is WB 10th ward going to do without the Legers?
How exciting though, a new house, a new ward, new neighbors and like you said a new adventure in your lives. Hope the move goes smoothly and you enjoy your new home. Since I'm pretty much family maybe I can get a private tour of it someday... please? :)
It makes me so excited and sad reading about the big move. (If you can call a move a few blocks away big!) I'm so excited to see your house after you've got settled. You'll have to post pictures and throw a big party so I can come in person. ;)
What an adventure! I am excited for you, and glad it's not me. I HATE moving.
I am excited for you, Les!
Post a Comment