This week on Family Friday I'm featuring my nephew Taylor. Isn't he handsome!?! Taylor is one of five brothers and he is right in the middle. I'd say that that makes him very well balanced.When Taylor was in the 4th grade Uncle Mike went to his school class to do a demonstration on Mountain Men. There is something about bringing a cool guest to class that immediately increases your popularity among your peers (especially when the guest is wearing leather, fringe, carrying a muzzle loader, and has a dead coyote on his head). I never knew anyone could have as many best friends as Taylor did, children were introducing themselves to us as "Taylor's best friend", "Taylor's 2nd best friend", etc.
Taylor is very musical. In Jr. High he joined the band, and when he started high school he joined the famous Davis High School marching band.
Taylor is completely committed to the marching band and loves it!! Last year he marched down Main Street in Disneyland, and each year he marches in the "Day's of '47 Parade", he also goes to competitions with the band. This year Taylor auditioned for section leader of the clarinet section and earned that position. Of course with responsibility comes sacrifice; Taylor wasn't able to spend the entire week with us at the beach house this summer, he had to go to rookie camp. Granpa Marsden recorded a CD earlier in the summer and Taylor was able to perform a clarinet solo during one of the songs on the CD, I happened to be there that night and took some pictures, he did a fabulous job.
Taylor on TV marching in the parade, look closely and you can see his name next to himRecently our family had a family night at Cherry Hill where we all had a lot of fun. Taylor went down the blue slides and when he reached the bottom he scratched his foot, no big deal, just a scratch.
His foot bothered him throughout the week as he continued to go to marching band and even marched in "The Days of '47" Parade in Salt Lake City. His foot looked pretty gross (apparently there is a well protected picture of it, I don't get to see it) so he was taken to the Doctor. Taylor had a staph infection and cellulitis, and he just kept on marching.Taylor and several of his "closest friends" went to the midnight showing of "Harry Potter", he had an extra ticket and so Caitlin was able to go. I was a little nervous about dropping her off at the theater in Layton knowing that she'd be out until two or three in the morning, but I felt good knowing that Taylor was there and would look out for his cousin.
Things to know about Taylor: He likes penguins. He can play the piano beautifully, and I've never seen him look at music while doing so. He honors the Priesthood. He has a lot of friends, every time I go to his house I meet different friends. He's good at Guitar Hero. He flew in an airplane for the first time this summer. He's a great nephew. He's a good son. He loves his family. He is kind. He's tender hearted. He's just about to start his Senior year. I'm grateful that Taylor is in our family, we all love Taylor.
Taylor and three of his brothers; Michael, Jacob, and Russell
7 comments:
And Taylor's funny. Great straight man. Coming from California, I better clarify that I'm speaking in the comedy sense.
YAY! It's Taylor!!! Uncle Alan is correct. He IS funny. And he does have a LOT of friends. They are here all the time. Although, since you mentioned the DHS band (and how can Taylor be mentioned without mentioning the band) he is at pre band camp as I write this and will be leaving this Monday for five days to attend his beloved band camp... and so will all his friends!!! Can you say peace and QUIET!!? But I like them all!
Yes, he plays the piano, but you forgot to mention he has never, and I mean NEVER had one piano lesson. He is self taught. He prints music from the internet, or buys it at a music store, practices, then within a week or two he is playing it from memory.
It's a great pleasure to be his mom!
Impressive Taylor!!! I have always admired people like Taylor who have been given such natural talents in music! I clicked on the picture of Taylor on T.V. to make it larger and it was so fun to see Taylor.
Taylor is funny and has a great sense of humor!! I am proud to be Taylor's aunt! Good luck SENIOR YEAR!!!
Taylor is a sweetheart. A couple years ago I had the honor of watching him and his band in a competition in Las Vegas...he did such a good job and his whole family was so proud of him...I didn't realize how competitive marching bands were until I actually went to a competition. Taylor was really sweet to me for coming and I agree, his talent is amazing!
I am very impressed with Taylor's musical abilities. I didn't know much about band and band kids until Lilian started blogging about Taylor's band life. It seems like such a fun crowd to be with. Taylor is also a very nice young man. He is funny, but not in a loud obnoxious way. Very subtle. I enjoy the things he says on Facebook. Sometimes I'm like "What?" but it makes it funnier because the old lady doesn't get it.
What handsome grandsons I have!!!! and Taylor is my favorite Taylor. A lasting memory I have of him was the night before we left on our mission. We had been in Ogden and on the way home his family van was in front of us all the way with Taylor looking out the back window and waving. All 20 plus miles from Ogden.
I also remember that storms were not his favorite type of weather, but he seems to have overcome that.
He is a good lad!!!!.
And we love him :o)
Taylor is such a funny kid! When Jeremy and I stayed with the Nielsen's for a weekend, Taylor wanted to have a pillow fight (haha), and wanted to stay up late hanging out with Jeremy and me. I was so impressed when he wanted to read the scriptures (we were just planning on having a family prayer before bed ;)). I remember he showed me his collection of pins, too. He was and still is such a good kid!
Post a Comment