I remember Jeffrey going to Ireland and England with us but I can't remember off-hand the year. I think he was 14. What a great time we had. Any kid that can go off with his Grandparents for 2 weeks and still love us has to have a great attitude, and he does. Love you Jeff. God Bless
My earliest memories of Jeff involve being awe struck and smitten by him when I was a little girl. He was so nice and so handsome and so funny. When I was in kindergarten or first grade, I got a "crush" on him and I decided that I liked him so much, I carved "I heart Jeff" on my windowsill. I tried to play with him everyday I could. I think we even pretended to kiss in the Leger's basement one time when we were playing during one of the card nights. I think my mom grounded me for destroying her new house, but I can't really remember. What I do remember is feeling totally embarrassed when she informed his mother about my crush (you know how she is... she totally can't keep a secret from Les). Even worse was the horror and the humiliation I felt when Andy and Josh Conte told everybody on the bus about the "kiss." From that moment on, my crush morphed into more of a sisterly admiration in order to avoid the taunting and teasing on the bus. Sorry Jeff, my love just wasn't strong enough!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday JEFF!!!!!!!!!!!!
I remember Jeffrey going to Ireland and England with us but I can't remember off-hand the year. I think he was 14. What a great time we had. Any kid that can go off with his Grandparents for 2 weeks and still love us has to have a great attitude, and he does. Love you Jeff. God Bless
My earliest memories of Jeff involve being awe struck and smitten by him when I was a little girl. He was so nice and so handsome and so funny. When I was in kindergarten or first grade, I got a "crush" on him and I decided that I liked him so much, I carved "I heart Jeff" on my windowsill. I tried to play with him everyday I could. I think we even pretended to kiss in the Leger's basement one time when we were playing during one of the card nights. I think my mom grounded me for destroying her new house, but I can't really remember. What I do remember is feeling totally embarrassed when she informed his mother about my crush (you know how she is... she totally can't keep a secret from Les). Even worse was the horror and the humiliation I felt when Andy and Josh Conte told everybody on the bus about the "kiss." From that moment on, my crush morphed into more of a sisterly admiration in order to avoid the taunting and teasing on the bus. Sorry Jeff, my love just wasn't strong enough!
Post a Comment