Today I almost had all of my freckles shoved down my throat, literally....and I don't even have freckles. It all started after I left an extremely busy day at work, I was so happy to get on the freeway and head home. I had only been on the freeway a few minutes when it happened. I could see that the cars ahead of me were quickly slowing down so of course I slowed down as well (wondering what was going on), I automatically looked into my rear view mirror to see what was coming behind me. This is what I saw; a woman driver talking on her cell phone not even looking ahead. I thought, "she is going to hit me." It all happened so fast, but I watched as she finally looked (I saw the horror on her face) and it was to late, a moment later she hit me and I lurched forward (thank goodness I was wearing my seat belt). Anyway, the rest is history. A big inconvenience for me and for my poor Silver Bullet, actually Silver Bullet came out far better than her car, but can you believe she actually had the nerve to tell me that. I kindly reminded her that she was the one who hit me while talking on her cell phone and not watching the road. So this is my message to those of you who are reading this post:
DO.NOT.TALK.ON.THE.PHONE.WHILE.DRIVING.
DO.NOT.TALK.ON.THE.PHONE.WHILE.DRIVING.
There is nothing important enough to risk your life for, or the lives of others, that you can't wait until you can stop the car and call. I'm 51 years old. I've made it through at least 41 of those years just fine without having a cell phone at my beck and call (excuse the pun).
I just want to share something personal with you; every single day I pray for the safety of my family, my friends, and myself while we are on the roads. Whether we are going to school, to work, or about our errands. In the last year or two my sister-in-law, my son, my husband, my neice, my bff, and now myself have been involved in some sort of automobile accident where thankfully no one was injured. So tonight I will be saying a prayer of gratitude; because it could have been worse.
Love you all, mean it
13 comments:
I am so glad you are okay!! Yeah! for seatbelts.
I often have a prayer in my heart on the roads with all of the crazy/distracted drivers out there. It's also the number one reason I hate winter: bad roads and bad drivers, not a good combo.
I am grateful for the angels watching over you yesterday. (I am focusing on the good.) Way to scare me! Are you carless for a while? Did she get s ticket?
Sad day! Sorry about the inconveniences coming your way getting your car fixed...but so glad you weren't hurt! :)
Even when they aren't on cell phones I sometimes worry about the drivers behind me when the traffic on I-15 slows down in front of me.
I'm glad to know you are okay. And yeah.... did SHE get a ticket??? I hope it was expensive! And I hope she is taking responsibility!
Yes, the highway patrolman informed me that she was given a citation.
Right after it happened and I managed to get to the emergency lane, I called 911 and was told to keep my seatbelt on and stay in my car, so I did. She came up to my window and told me that her Dad owned a body shop and that he could fix everything. When I told her that I had called 911 she said, "oh....you already did that?" DUH!!! Of course I did. I think she wanted everything taken care of "under the table".
My kids wanted all the details after I got off the phone with you last night. It was quite an exciting dinner conversation at your expense. So glad it wasn't more serious.
Your reminder is a good one for all of us!
PLUS you forgot to mention it was her son's car she was driving, so how is that for a reality check.
"Don't do what I do, do what I say!"
Dad and I also pray for the safety of our family every day. As you indicate, remember a prayer of thanks!.
Glad youo are here to tell the tale. :o)
Love U
How is this for a reality check! I forgot to read my message and find the spelling error. :o)
Glad you are okay Les and glad it wasn't me who rear ended you! I'm ashamed to say, I'm guilty of talking on the phone while driving on the freeway. My blue tooth is annoying but I guess I can deal with it if it means I don't hurt the other driver who could be someone else's love one. And if it means I don't hurt myself either.
I'm so sorry about your accident..
hope all is well. I'll be better at putting my phone away while I'm driving.
It is so exciting that my Truman is off to Manchester, England. I love England too!!! ( I just said all of that with a Brittish accent....)
Glad to know you're OK Les. You can now offically claim that people who talk on their cell phones while driving are a pain in the rear end.
Timothy said...I'm glad you are okay Les and that our prayers are heard and answered. I remember the cell phone I had as a kid; it was called a dime. Cell phones are great for safety (as you found out in calling 911)and other things, but it is amazing how we become so dependent on them. I hope all of the follow up with insurance claim, etc. isn't too awful. Love you.
Glad upon glad that you are ok. Sounds like the other driver was a bad example in more than one way. Am sure you have all your bases covered, but if we can be useful we'd love to be.
Post a Comment