Monday, November 9, 2009
The Primary Program
Sunday I attended my son Andy's ward to see the primary program. I love the primary program each year, it is always one of my favorite sacrament meetings. Adam and Zach both knew the songs and sang them so well, Zach did such a good job with his speaking part; but I must admit that I had my eye on another little boy. This was a little boy that only I could see. It was my "little boy"; Andy. Andy is the ward organist. As I watched my "little boy" walk up the aisle I couldn't help but smile at the bounce in his step; the same bounce he has had for as long as I can remember. As he played the hymns, I had a smile on my lips and a tear in my eye as I thought about my "little boy" at eight years old riding his bike to Granma's house so that he could practice the piano. I remembered his first piano recital when he played "Andy the Android". As I watched him play the organ I couldn't help but smile as I watched him "move" with the music. Although he is a grown up man with three little boys of his own, he will always be my "little boy". And what a good boy he is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
What time was the program? Why didn't you go to mine? Just kidding. It's ok. I understand if you couldn't make it. I've always liked Andy by the way. I think he's funny. And he is great at the piano.
Tender post. Though I am at the beginning end of having "little boys" I can well imagine your thoughts/feelings 25-30+ years down the road.
I have little tears in my eyes! I know how full your heart must be, because I feel a little bit. I do count him in my 'second children'. You have so much to be proud of with Andy and all your children.
I remember the Andy bounce as well...so fun. It's amazing that these kids all grow up and have lives and families of their own. Wow
Andy's bounce. Ha ha.... I have it on video from when we were at Disneyland last June. What a tender post.
Andy IS extremely talented. I am convinced he is a genius. His talent with music never ceases to amaze me. I am proud I know Andy!
I love the Primary programs too. It is one my favorite parts of my calling!!
Yes, Les, you have been blessed with a good boy. We can only imagine how proud you must be of Andy. He is a wonderful amazing "boy". We wish him all the best and all the blessings that his talents and gifts could bring to him and those around him.
I didn't know he could play the organ!!!!!
Do you remember how he road the bike with a few weeks old Caitlin?
He is a fantastic musican, A natural.
Post a Comment