I started and finished my entire second season of We Also Sing.
We've done lots of organizational stuff: address changes (times a ba-zillion), utility hook-ups, newspaper and mail, milkman, figuring out which switches control what lights (still working on that one), trying to remember what is in each kitchen cabinet or drawer, learning how to multi task so that I'm not going up and down the stairs so much (I counted one day just for fun; 29 times)....
Mike played his Fall season of softball.
Caitlin rehearsed and performed in West Side Story.
I've made some meager attempts at decorating (I don't like putting nails in new walls).
The very first thing I did was re-create my favorite corner (not in a corner anymore)
This is my master bathroom, the top picture was taken during the day and the bottom was taken at night, I love this room
As you can see Michael has no problem hammering nails into his music room walls; this is just one cornerWe spoke in our new ward.
Mike and I were called as chairmen of our stakes float for The Days of '47 parade.
Mike was called as first counselor in the Young Men's Presidency.
I had a favorites party with friends (and a few strangers....they're my favorite strangers).
We've had overnight guests (Derek, Emily, and Becca).
Caitlin and I had a trip to St. George with Chris and Chelsea.

Mike bought a shed (he loves it).
We enjoyed Thanksgiving with our Children and grandchildren.

I was in a car accident on I-15.
Caitlin went to the Homecoming dance and the Halloween dance.
There have been some band practises.
Mason is a way cute future drummer for the bandSteve and Becky came over for dinner and a card game.
We've had several visits from family, friends, ward members, co-workers, and even Jeremy's friend Shanti from Canada.

Caitlin was chosen to sing a solo in her upcoming Christmas Concert at BHS.
On day 96 Caitlin (and her parents) spent hours at Lakeview Hospital while Caitlin underwent testing to determine if she had appendicitis.
On day 96 Mike and I made it home from the hospital in just enough time (literally minutes) to perform at our ward Christmas party.
On day 96 (while at the ward Christmas party) Mike secured a building for us to build the float in; and one of the things (there are a few) that is really wonderful about that is the fact that it is just around the corner from us, we will have easy access to the float during the duration of the building process, we feel really blessed about that.
On day 97 Caitlin went to the Christmas dance with KK; on the way home from the dance Caitlin and Kevin were two of the passengers involved in a car accident (due to black ice and a huge telephone pole). Caitlin had to be transported by ambulence to the hospital. Two ER visits, one CT scan, one ultra sound, and x-rays all within 36 hours is a record for our family; on a positive note (the cup is half full) they were able to do her follow-up tests from the previous day while we were there after the accident. It was frightening for all of us and I'm so grateful that Caitlin is okay.

Over the last 100 days I've experienced a major change in my life; I left my comfort zone and ventured into something new, not always an easy thing to do. I feel very grateful and blessed for the love and support of family and friends, I am grateful for the warm welcome and enthusiasm that we've felt from our new neighbors and ward members, I'm grateful that our beloved tenth ward members haven't forgotten us, I am grateful for how abundantly blessed I have been when I don't feel like I deserve it. Here's to the next 100 days (and hopefully a few more nails in the walls....and no more visits to the ER).
16 comments:
I cannot believe it is 100 days!!!!
You didn't mention all the new furniture you got and the new TV not everyone gets new furniture when they get a new home. I think you better plan on resting for the next 100 days as you contemplate landscaping and sprinkler system, and that will be the easy part!!!!We are so happy though for your new home and new friends and new adventures.
What a fun post!!!!!!
That went by fast! What busy people you have been. I am so looking forward to the posts about dramas of a Float Chairperson... :) You have had a busy 100 days. You should do an approval rating poll and see how other people rate your 100 days! (I approve.)
It is such a beautiful home Les and we feel at home there too:) You have sure done a great job decorating it especially for being so busy with 100 other things!
I can't wait to officially come to your new home. It's so exciting and your deserve it.
I went to the 7:30 We Sing concert and really enjoyed it .. You all sounded great and I love watching Merilee direct. I enjoyed the last number a lot.
Which night of the concert???? I will probably just call you. Love your new digs. You deserve them! Here's hoping the next 1000+ days are terrific.
Becky-we don't know which concert night Caitlin will sing her solo at yet. For anyone interested the concert is Tues. Dec. 15 and Wed. Dec. 16.
Melinda-I'm so glad you came to the concert, I loved the last song as well, the message was pretty powerful!
What a funny little Mason--I love the picture of him as a drummer. ;)
It feels like you've been there a lot longer than 100 days, Lesley! I'm so glad you feel at home there and in the ward, and that your house has been so much fun to have people over to! We love it, you've done a great job decorating, and are happy that you are enjoying your new home!!!
Happy 100 Days!!! I am sad to think that it's been close that many since I was at your new house. I need to come see how you've decorated!
Wow! Look at you go! I am glad most of it (besides the car wreck) has been fun! I am also glad that I got to be involved in your first 100 days! Those were some of my favorite times during the past 100 days!
100 days, wow!
I did want to mention that it would be wise to sign Mason into the band before he gets an agent :-)
Can't wait to see your new house in person, Les. If you're not too busy on december 12 we'll drop by.
What a fun post. Wow, it has been a busy 100 days and it has gone fast. I'm so happy for you guys and I love what you've done to your bathroom. You do keep very busy and I am impressed. We are getting excited for the Christmas party!!
Marivic-we are very much looking forward to you coming by on Dec.12.
Let's have more holes in walls and less hospital visits.
Glad Caitlin is ok. Thanks for letting us know. I had missed the rest of the story when you updated your post.
Thanks for asking me to sing with you in We Also Sing. I miss having you right around the corner... But I am happy for you and love your new home. Glad you and Caitlin are okay! Keep me posted.
Post a Comment