The Christmas season has come and gone, and it has been a great one. For me it started on November 28 when I sang in the Salt Lake Tabernacle with We Also Sing. We sang beautiful Christmas music with the intent to heal hearts this Christmastime. I felt fortunate to have my dear friend Terri sing with me this year. It was also an opportunity to make new friends and to be uplifted at rehearsals each week as we were taught by our director and each other.
We of course had the regular round of parties to attend. First of all was Mike's company party which is always fun. This year Mike's band provided the entertainment and I enjoyed the chance to visit with my friends Tammy and Laurie (their husbands are in the band). Our ward Christmas party was fun, Mike and I were the entertainment and I must admit I was a bit nervous, but I think we pulled it off. After the ward party I bolted off to my friend Melissa's in Kaysville for a "girl's night out party". I'm always guaranteed some good laughter at this party. We attended a 50th birthday party for my brother Archie, a neighborhood party, a dinner party with the ward Young Mens Presidency and wives, and of course my highlight of the season... the family Christmas party.
Miss Avery checking out Santa
I LOVE the joy on Mason's face
William gives his gift back to Santa in exchange for Santa's bells
Zachary and Santa
Adam and Santa
Caitlin Rose and her old friend Santa ClausChristmas Eve was spent at the Nielsen's; my sister Lilian fixed a wonderful dinner and we even had after dinner (Mindy) mints. We love the Nielsen's and appreciate their including the three of us.

Christmas Day we spent with our family. First stop, Granpa's and Granma's for breakfast; and then all of our kids and grandkids came over in the afternoon. That night Mike, Caitlin, and I drove up to the Bountiful Temple so that we could see the beautiful lighted murals depicting the story of Christmas in the front yards of the homes surrounding the temple.
Of course there is always a lot of hustle and bustle with shopping and such; but this year I was a Deseret Book winner after putting my name in a drawing while I was purchasing a book for my Dad. I received a call on Christmas Eve morning telling me I had won a Willow Tree nativity. I was pretty excited! We went to a couple of movies, one with Adam and Zach for Grandma Day (we let Grandpa come too). We enjoyed a wonderful evening at the Five-Alls with our kids.
We went to my nephew Taylor's band concert where Santa was a guest conductor, and to Caitlin's Christmas choir concert where she sang a beautiful solo. We also attended a wonderful Christmas Cantata performed by our stake choir. I even did a little Christmas crafting as I sewed two of these cute Santa's and filled them with candy. Of course there was a little holiday stress as we had two visits to the ER within 36 hours (Caitlin), but we are so grateful that everything turned out to be okay. We still have one more party to look forward to... chili at the Nielsen's on New Years Day!! I hope that everyone has had a wonderful Christmas season, we are looking forward to 2010 and new adventures, like... the FLOAT!!!
6 comments:
Can I just put "ditto" and then I won't have to do my own blog? except of course I wasn't at all of your activities but a few we shared. A great "blog" entry. Interesting how a few words describe a lot of stess and fun. Upwards and on to the next adventure.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
I love that we get to do so much with our family during the holidays! I love us!!
Looking forward to 2010!!!
Wow. You sure filled a lot into the Christmas holiday. Hope you had a great one. Love ya!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
I was going to enter that drawing, now I am glad I didn't. You deserved to win! This is sad that I am communicating with you by blog, but I don't dare call at 11:00PM or 7:00AM. I hope you mother is doing well after surgery. You are a good daughter and will take good care of her. I am sad about the change in YW also. I cry when I think about how I will miss her. I am scared it will cause a ripple, because I like my calling right now. If I can figure out Steve's stressful schedule, I would like to have Mike and Les (the people- not the snow men (men??? Lesley is all woman)come to dinner with the Johnsons. I will let you know as soon as I figure it out. Wish your mom a speedy recovery from me.) love you
Sounds like you had a great Christmas. You have a beautiful family. I love the shots of them sitting on Santa's lap. I too wanted to get up to the temple to view the nativity pictures. I didn't make it, but next year it's on my list.
Post a Comment