It's funny how things work out when you throw names into a tupperware bowl and pick them out one by one. Some families have had all of their family members featured on "Family Friday", some only have one or two of their family members left to be featured, and most of my family have yet to be featured. This week it's my daughter-in-law Kristin. It has been nearly ten years since Kristin was the first of our three daughters-in-law to join our family, and we were all pretty excited when she did. It was fun to have another girl in the family, it was fun to have a daughter-in-law, and Caitlin loved having a big sister. It was fun and exciting to see the beginning of a new era in our family as new "daughters" and eventually grandchildren joined our family.Andy and Kristin met in high school, they even went to a school dance together, but it wasn't until after graduation and just weeks before Andy left on his mission that their friendship blossomed. Eleven months after Andy returned from his mission they were married in the Salt Lake Temple on March 10, 2000.
Kristin has always been a very thoughtful and considerate person. She remembers important dates and events in the lives of others. Members of the family and friends have been recipients of kind notes and treats on holidays and other special occasions. When Andy was on his mission Kristin came by the day before Mother's Day and dropped off a treat, I invited her to come back the next day so that she could talk to Andy on the phone when he called for Mother's Day. Kristin was so sweet when she said, "it's Mother's Day, not girlfriends day." But we still managed to get her to come over.
Kristin has always been very supportive when it comes to family activities. She makes family a priority and I appreciate that so much. Several years ago Kristin, Caitlin, and I went to see a display of Princess Diana's dresses at the U; I had always been a "Royal Watcher" and it was really exciting to see the actual dresses that the Princess wore; the three of us had such a good time together that day. On another occasion, our ward had a mother/daughter overnighter at Zarahemla; Kristin, Caitlin, and I all went together. A few years ago several of the girls in the family got together to watch the most recent version of Pride and Prejudice. We were all squished in my little family room watching the show (and eating of course) and adding our own commentaries. There's always a lot of laughter when the girls in the family get together. I remember during the movie glancing around the room at everyone, when I looked at Kristin she had a big smile on her face and I could see that she was enjoying herself. That made me smile.
Lesley, Caitlin, and Kristin at Zarahemla
Kristin did everyone's hair at our families "girls night" in 2008; here she is with BeccaKristin grew up in a family of girls, and now she is raising a family of boys. Kristin has always been very gracious, polite, courteous, and attentive as well as many other wonderful qualities that I admire, she is a good mother to her boys and wife to her husband and loves them all so much. I have to share this story that happened just recently: we had all of our kids over and were playing some games when Kristin very excitedly announced that she had a game she wanted us to play; I won't go into the details of explaining how to play the game, but it had to do with one of the players being named "Ar-ted". It was so out of character for Kristin, and I loved it!! I still laugh when I think of us playing that game, and coming to the realization that living in a house full of boys has rubbed off on Kristin...well, maybe just a tiny bit.
Some things to know about Kristin: She has a beautiful smile. I love it when she laughs. She is very talented at decorating. Her home is always spotlessly clean. She's always been very thoughtful. She thinks of others. She's dedicated to family. She magnifies her church callings. She's a good friend. She listens. She doesn't waste time. She's a good speaker. She always looks good. She graduated from SLCC and the U of U. She was an EFY counselor. She was in the Hill Cumorah Pageant. Kristin has run in a couple of marathon's as well as half marathon's. She has participated in other races. She stays in shape. She was a volunteer at the 2002 Winter Olympics in SLC. Kristin enjoys to travel. She's very motivated. She's a good and dedicated mom to her three boys. She is wise with money and other resources. She loves the Lord. She's a hard worker. We are all grateful that Kristin is in our family and we love her so much.
Kristin's family: Adam, Kristin, William, Andy, and Zachary; I love this picture
14 comments:
It was Kristin who introduced G'pa to Ghiridelli's Double Chocolate Muffins. Thanx a lot :o)
She is a beautiful girl and has lots of patience. I love that she brings the boys by to say hi to us. It was a good day for us when she joined the family. love you Kristin.
As usual, I love reading about your family! I also can tell just how much you love your family members just by reading your posts! I hope your (married in) daughters appreciate what an awesome M-I-L they have!
And she's a hot babe!
Kristin is darling!! I have always been a fan. You did a great job featuring her Les!! I have always looked up to her and I love how much self discipline she has too. I also love how thoughtful and considerate she is. She is very beautiful on the inside and out.
Lesley,
You truly have made my day-- thanks for making me feel so good and loved. I hope I can live up to all the great things you wrote about me.
When I first met Kristin, I thought she was gorgeous and has an endearing personality and hoped she marries into the family. I'm glad she did. There is something subtly classy about her and makes everything she touches beautiful. I tend to observe more than talk when I'm with the extended family but I've always felt comfortable talking to Kristin. I can tell she really loves all her boys starting with Andy :-)I look forward to more chances of spending time with her someday.
Kristin is honestly the nicest person I know and never says a negative thing about anyone, what an amazing quality! She is so thoughtful and patient and I am grateful she is my sister in law!
And she's a hottie!!
(Did I already say that?)
So Andy... do you think your wife is HOT?? :-)
I really love Kristin. Everything you said about her is true. She is a good mom and a fun niece. We are all so lucky to have Kristin in the family!!!
I've always looked up to Kristin. I used to want to name my first daughter after her lol. She has always been sweet to me and I remember being SO EXCITED when Andy and Kristin got engaged I cried! I was SO happy that she was going to be in our family. I will always think of her as one of the classiest people I know!
And you are right Andy...she is very beautiful!
Uncle Tim said...
Kristin is a great example of still waters running deep. She is a classy person and I marvel to watch her with her four boys (yes, Andy, I said four boys). You can tell that she is very patient and doesn't get her feathers ruffled very easily.
Kristin, like a good book or movie or song, is truly one of the classics. I am very grateful she is part of our family. Andy married way above his station (just like his Uncle Tim) and I am very proud of his judgment and taste.
You are awesome Kristin!!!!
Love, Uncle Tim
And she's hot.
Kristen is awesome. Julee and the girls enjoy every chance to visit with her and we all admire her patience with the boys (yes all four). As a Man with four girls my experience has been slightly reversed of Kristen's. She has her hands full with four boys. Probably has to spend a lot of time telling them what to do. Whereas I live with four girls who spend a lot of time telling me what to do.
I guess its a circle of life sort of thing.
We love you Kristen.
Kristin is a wonderful sister-in-law! When Jeremy and I first started dating (in high school), she would invite us to hang out at their condo, or we would go out to eat. She has always been so warm and so thoughtful from the first time I met her. Kristin is so funny! I have so much fun talking to her and laughing with her about the funny/similar things our husbands do. She is someone you can count on, she's a great listener, she truly makes everyone feel comfortable and accepted, and is an example of what a Christ-like person should be like. I'm so grateful for the friendship we have developed over the years, and look up to and admire her so much!
Post a Comment