It was slick, it was snowy, and I was scared I'd fall down.
We were meeting our kids at Five-Alls, what a treat!
For it has always been our most favorite place to eat.
As parents it has been our wish from days long past;
To share this with our children, and we did it at last.

It was hard to find parking but we finally succeeded;
But walking to the restaurant some snow shoes were needed.
Then came Andy and Kristin and Jeff and Melissa, there was Jeremy and Emily and of course little sister.
We toasted, we ate, we laughed.... we ate more;
By the time that we finished my tummy was sore.
And as we were leaving out into the night;
I heard Mike say, "cross that off the bucket list" and we drove out of sight.
11 comments:
Ahhhh LOVE IT! Great post Les! I wanna go there now! But then, I always WANT to go there.
i love you, and i mean it
anyone want a peanut?
That poem is a KEEPER! So happy you finally made it there with your kids, I remember you talking about it. I love that place. It is so quaint and charming and ohhh so good food!
Merry Christmas!
Very nice Les!
Course now I'm craving some Filet of Oscar.
Mmmmmmm good.
Nice, Dinner was great! Thanks
I LOVE "Five-Alls" and being there with people you love is the best!!!
That is why I like it, I'm always only there with people I love best!!!!!!!
Love your poem.
What a great poem Les. I'm so glad you were able to fulfill that dream with your family. I love the Five-Alls. Tim like to receive the credit for introducing the Five-Alls to everyone. Do you remember where you first heard about the Five-Alls? Was it Tim?
My first memory of Five-Alls was through Tim. Way to go Tim!
Timothy said...
In 1977 Margie and I went to Skyline's Homecoming Dance. I was working at Allman's Carpets and Randy Barker (one of the sales guys there) suggested I go to a restaurant called "Five Alls." I fell in love twice that night.
"And now you know, the rest of the story. Good day."
Thanks so much, Les and Mike! We LOVED it there that night and had such a fun time being all together!
My daughter's in-laws LOVE "Five-Alls". When she graduated from nursing school this last March, they treated her and her husband for dinner there. She loved it so much. We will have to try it!
Post a Comment