Saturday, December 31, 2011

11 Highlights of '11

I accepted a challenge from another blog, to do 11 highlight's of '11. It's hard to be selective, but here is a good variety of what our year has been like.


In January Caitlin performed as a stepsister in BHS's production of Cinderella. It was one of her favorite roles and she was fabulous.


During spring break Caitlin went on her senior choir trip to Seattle and Victoria, Canada... it was the "best experience" of her life.


At the end of April I went to BYU Women's Conference with my daughter, my mother, my sister, and two sisters-in-law and their families.


In May we took a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth... Disneyland!!


In June Caitlin graduated from high school with honors and citizenship honors. She also graduated from LDS Seminary and sang a solo at her Seminary graduation. In August we took her to USU where she started her first year of college.


In July we got some grass in our front yard... followed by lots and lots of cement in October.


Some of our summer activities with the family included; concerts in the park, parades, 4th Sunday's, an afternoon at the lake...


We didn't take a big vacation this year, instead we enjoyed a few little trips. In June Caitlin and I went on our YSA summer trip to South Eastern Utah, and in August the two of us went to St George and saw The Little Mermaid at Tuacahn. In July Mike and I took a road trip and visited places like Reno, Virginia City, Rocklin, Sacramento, Monterey and Pebble Beach. In September we joined Jeremy, Emily, and the boys in Yellowstone for the Labor Day weekend.


Endless Summer have had a busy year, they now have a booking agent to get them some "really big shews".


In November our newest grandson Sander Michael was born.


In December Mike and I hosted our 26th annual Family Christmas party!! This is our portion of the family + 1.


Happy 2012 Everyone!!!

2 comments:

Bea said...

That is a pretty exciting year.
You are not slackers in building memories
Happy New Year!!!!!

Georgia said...

'11 was a fabulous year for you and your family, Lesley! I'm looking forward to the 12 highlights of '12!