Saturday, December 24, 2011

O Christmas Tree

I really wanted to do some fun Christmas posts this month, but due to my camera-to-computer "technical difficulties" I couldn't... but it's still the season for one more week, so here goes: Becky did a Christmas tree tag so I'm sharing my tree (and I'm tagging Lilian, you must see her Disney tree). My tree isn't fancy at all, in fact, I'd like to learn a little more about decorating trees with cool garlands and fillers. Many of our decorations have special meaning behind them so I will share just a few.


Some of my ornaments reflect memories of the past like Barbie and her dream house (I never had a Barbie dream house, until this ornament... but I did have a Barbie).


Jeff returned from his mission just five days before Christmas in 2000. For Christmas he gave me this beautiful Seattle Temple ornament.


Some of our ornaments remind us of places we like to visit, like Disneyland...


and the beach house.


Some of our ornaments represent our hobbies and the things we like to do.


Some are just fun and whimsical.


Some are very tender to our hearts, like baby's first Christmas ornaments or ornaments made by our children in pre-school and church. This special ornament was a gift from my friend Terri, twenty-two years ago when my nephew Christopher passed away unexpectedly just before Christmas. It is always the first ornament on the tree and is always near the top.


This special ornament is one of many that reminds us of why we have Christmas.




Merry Christmas friends and family!!!

1 comment:

Stecky said...

Sorry to read this so late...(Haven't been at school). I love your tree. Thanks for sharing! I now need to read the rest of your blog...I may not have a chance to comment, but I love looking!
ps my verification word is solid...just like you!