Friday, December 9, 2011

Classics and Favorites: San Clemente Pier

This classic picture was taken on our first trip to the beach house in 1984. I have some other beach house pictures lined up for this series, but I had to share this one first. I have been going to San Clemente beach since I was 10 years old (including my honeymoon), but this was the year that the beach house tradition started for Mike and I and our little family. Some memories of this trip would include: being a contestant on "The Price is Right"; walking from our motel in Las Vegas to Circus Circus, because... "it's just down the street" (it turned out to be 3 miles); and triple odds on craps... and I'm not talking about gambling here folks. I.LOVE.THIS.PLACE!!!

4 comments:

Lilian said...

I want to go to there.

Stecky said...

I love that picture! You guys are so cute.

Bea said...

I love old pictures!
Now the boys are all grown up with kids of their own, this age.
Time flies.
When are we going again?

Georgia said...

Family traditions are like cool water on a hot day; so refreshing, reviving, needed and longed for.

We did that 'walk' in Vegas once (with a stroller and three other walking little kids). Insanity!