Friday, December 16, 2011

Classics and Favorites: Family Christmas Party 2000

Tomorrow is the (26th annual) family Christmas party, so... of course I had to do one of my favorite Christmas party pictures this week. This picture was taken on December 23, 2000. Jeff had returned from his mission just a couple of days earlier and would have his "homecoming" in Sacrament Meeting the next morning (Christmas Eve). Kristin was the newest member of our family as of March 2000 when she and Andy were married.

I anticipate and look forward to the party each year and this year is no exception. I can't wait to see everyone Saturday night. I'm challenging each family member that reads this post to leave a comment about the party and on Saturday night I'll pick a winner for a prize. Non-family members can leave comments too of course... you won't be in the drawing, but, you can consider it a pleasure being nominated ;)

9 comments:

Lilian said...

The family party is definitely a highlight of the year. Sometimes we feel like it's not even Christmas until the party arrives! Great food, great entertainment, awesome games, Santa, and singing around the Christmas tree.... Ooooohhhhh!!! I can't wait for tomorrow night!!!

Georgia said...

Oh, I wish you knew how often I have wished to be a Marsden. I especially have those pangs when I hear about the annual Christmas party.

If I were a fly (and wouldn't freeze to death on the flight down to the party), I would sit on the wall and watch all the fun and merriment on Saturday at the Marsden party.

Have fun and don't swat any flies!

Andy said...

Can't wait for tomorrow night!

Tiffany said...

Don't mind me poking in your family's post---Your family really is something to behold! I hope I grow up to have a CLOSE-knit posterity like your parents! What a clan. Hope you have a fabulous time at your party.
Love you.xx

Tiffany said...

Don't mind me poking in your family's post---Your family really is something to behold! I hope I grow up to have a CLOSE-knit posterity like your parents! What a clan. Hope you have a fabulous time at your party.
Love you.xx

Caitlin Rose said...

So excited for the party tomorrow!!! i hope i win the prize :)hehe
-Caitlin

Bea said...

"Can you believe it!!!!????"
One of Lesley's favorite quotes.

Another year and tomorrow Christmas officially begins with your party.

26 YEARS!!!!!!!!

INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!

(we ought to have a blog post about things everyone is remembered as having said)

Lilian said...

HEY... this is your favorite LITTLE LA LA....

do you, do you remember when we, when we started singing, singing jingle bells, and we started singing jingle bells and santa wasnt ready and we started singing jingle bells cause thats what, cause thats what, thats what we do when we're ready for santa and he wasnt there yet so we started and he wasnt ready, do you do you remember that?


that was awesome

Marivic said...

I love your "classic" series Les. The pictures posted are so fun to look at. We just re-watched the Leger Christmas Party 20th year anniversary video this week. Alan was saying next year would be a great year to spend Christmas in Utah because having the Christmas party and Christmas morning close together will work best for our schedule. Here's hoping! We miss out so much on your famous party.