Friday, December 30, 2011

Classics and Favorites: Church Ball?


Here is a photo with a bunch of my favorite guys, with one of my favorite places, the ocean, in the background. At the start of Beach Road is an outdoor basketball court where the guys usually assemble at least once every trip for a game or two. I have a funny basketball story (not sure if it was this particular trip) to share. One Sunday morning at the beach the guys headed down the road to play basketball. When Granma saw them leaving with basketball in hand, she asked where they were going (knowing full well where they were going). When she was told they were going to play basketball, she responded, "on the sabbath?" And without skipping a beat David responded, "church ball." And off they went.

2 comments:

Lilian said...

Ha ha... I love that picture. I think I even took it??? I WANT TO GO TO THERE!!!!!!!!

Bea said...

CHURCH BALL!!!!!!!
Never at a loss for a quip!!!!!
We do have fun though don't we?