Jessica is another one of the newer members of our family. She is married to my nephew Russell and together they are affectionately known as Russica.I first met Jessica when she was in high school. I don't remember our "official" first meeting, but I do remember going to the 4th of July parade in Kaysville and the Davis High School marching band came marching by. Jessica was in the band; they are very disciplined as they march, no smiling or turning their heads, but occasionally during the parade they would have a "free" moment where they could do whatever they wanted. That moment happened just as they were marching past our family. Jessica ran from the band and planted a kiss right on Russell's mouth and then returned to the formation. I remember thinking, "a girl just kissed Russell, eeeeooowwwww." My little nephew being kissed.
Jessica wrote to Russell while he served his mission in Portland, Oregon. Russell returned home exactly one year ago and they were engaged shortly after that. I remember the day that Russell came home and we went over to the Nielsen's house to see him for the first time. Jessica was there with him and I don't think that I've seen them apart since. They were married in the Salt Lake Temple on October 2, 2008.Last summer we had a family "girly party" at Lilian's house. Jessica was newly engaged and I wondered if she was overwhelmed by the onslaught of so many women in our family all at once. That is the night that I discovered what a sweet girl she is; I was impressed with Jessica.
One Saturday afternoon a few months ago, Mike and I were in Leger's Deli when Jessica and Russell came in. They were on their way to the temple and were stopping to eat some lunch first. The four of us sat together and enjoyed a nice visit. It was fun to spend that time together.
Some things that I've observed about Jessica: She is one of the sweetest young women that I've ever met, she loves and supports Russell, they attend the temple regularly, she is a good daughter-in-law, she's happy, she's real, she's thoughtful, I'm her favorite Aunt Lesley. We're so glad that you are in our family Jessica, and we love you.
I think Jessica was happy with her "makeover" at our family girl's night last summer
6 comments:
Well let me be the first to comment that Jessica is a wonderful person and we are very lucky to have such a wonderful daughter in our family now. It definitely helps put more balance in the family. This was a very nice post about a VERY nice person!
Jessica is a doll!! I enjoyed spending time with Jessica this week at the beach. She is a very sweet girl and I for one am so glad that she is in our family!! She is very patient and kind and sweet!!
I thought I got to know Jessica a little bit when I edited their wedding video. But it was nice to get to see her this past week for the first time as my niece-in-law. Jessica is a very pleasant person. Way to go Russell!
Jessica is such a great person to be around! She's easy-going, happy, sweet, fun, and is just an overall awesome person! I'm glad she's in the family and have had a lot of fun getting to know her better over the last year!
I'm glad I finally had more face time with Jessica at the beach last week. I like her a lot. She has a serene sweetness about her that is very endearing.
Jessica is awesome. She has made herself part of the family from day one, and that is the way to become a part of the family. She is a kind thoughtful person. We had fun with her at her bridal shower and she was so patient with the girls dressing her as a bride and entered into the fun. She is a keeper. :o)
Post a Comment