Saturday, June 13, 2009

It's A Small World

Today I returned from my vacation (I'll post about it later). Since I've arrived home I've been busy doing laundry, grocery shopping, going to a wedding reception, leaving the house for 2 hours so that it could be seen by a potential buyer, going to the movies (we had to do something for 2 hours), squeezing in a half hour before I had to leave so that another potential buyer could come see my table, making sure my "new home" hadn't been sold (it hasn't).

I also spent some time catching up on my friends blogs....I hope Hayden had a wonderful birthday, I'm excited for Aimees's new baby Samantha, I loved reading about Bonnie's trip (yay for the new car!), I'm sad I missed Drew's blessing, I hope Adrienne wins a new dress 'cause I think she'll look darling in it, I checked for news on Charity's blog, I love Kathryn's playhouse, I read Teresa's story about SIT out loud to Mike and we both laughed, I loved reading about the accomplishments and seeing the pictures of Heather's cute kiddos, and seeing how cute baby Colton is.

But I just gotta share one story. While at the beach house I introduced myself to my "neighbor". I had noticed that one of her boys wore a Viewmont t-shirt and sure enough they were from Bountiful (they live behind Dicks Market). We visited for a few minutes. We talked about schools. We both went to Viewmont. I was a few years ahead of her, but her sister graduated the same year as my sister. She told me that her sister married her math teacher (eeeeoooowwww!! Lilian remembered that girl). As we were all leaving yesterday morning I jokingly said to my neighbor, "see you at Dicks".

So today I'm walking through the dairy department in a crowded Dick's Market and who do you think I saw? Yep. My "Neighbor". I said, "hello neighbor". She looked at me, and I watched as recognition dawned and then we laughed. I said, "I knew I'd see you at Dick's but I didn't think it would be this soon". Hmmmm....it's a small world, after all.

7 comments:

heather said...

We love that ride! So glad no one has bought your dream home yet!

Bonnie and Jim said...

Sounds like you had a good time. No matter where we go we alway find someone we know. It is a small world. Life sounds a little crazy right now for you - take a deep breath. We sill need our movie night.

Tiffany said...

Welcome Home! Small world it surely is.

Alan said...

That's a funny story Les. I remember seeing you talk to her. What was her name? What was the math teacher's name?

adrienne said...

That's too funny! I'm excited to hear about your vacation.

Stecky said...

Sorry I didn't make it over last night. Pain, rain and grandchildren turned up. Rain and grandchildren okay. Pain- not so much. I will keep trying.

Bea said...

I have always said it is a small world. What a good friend you are to check up on everyone's happenings while you were gone. Blogging has it's pluses. Great post.