Several years ago on one of our beach house trips, Megan rode with us to California. It was just me, Michael, Caitlin, and Megan in the car. Caitlin loved having Megan with us. We have a tradition of singing along with the Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat CD while we are driving through California, and so we all sang our way across the desert. Caitlin and Megan had so much fun together on that trip. It was a couple of years later on another California trip that the now famous 'Betty' emerged late one night while we were in Disneyland. Megan and I were two of the few that were there when it happened. We've had a lot of fun and laughs with 'Betty' in the past few years.
Megan and some of her cousins at the beach two weeks ago: Megan, Chelsea, Caitlin, and TaraLast spring Megan went to Southern California on a trip with her high school. While on the trip she went to Disneyland and as she was standing in a line she heard a young man drop "the bomb". Here she was in the 'happiest place on earth' and someone said that word. Her response to the young man was, "we're in Disneyland!" He quickly repented. I'm proud of Megan for "standing up".
Megan loves her family and they are very close. She has an older sister Melissa; and an older brother Sean. Melissa is married and lives in Las Vegas and Sean is serving a mission in Australia. Although they are 6 years apart Megan and Melissa are great friends as well as sisters. Megan is so excited about Melissa's baby who will be arriving in just weeks. Megan is currently the only child living at home with her parents and I'm sure that she is doing a great job of raising them!
Some things to know about Megan: She is going to be starting her senior year at WHS this fall, she is the President of her Laurel class, she earned her Young Womanhood Recognition at the age of 14, she's motivated, she's preparing for college, she's looking forward to becoming an aunt (very soon), she is one of eight girls in our family (including me) that has the middle name of Ann, Megan is very polite and has nice manners, she has a beautiful smile, Megan is truly a valued member of our family and we all love her.
Megan's family in 2007: Megan, Margie, Melissa, Sean, Tim, Adam
6 comments:
Ditto to everything you said about Megan. :o)
She always seemed so shy and retiring, BUT one time when her cousins from California were visiting I got video of her dancing and goofing off with them and her brother. I haven't been fooled since. :o)
I too am proud of her standing as a witness in Disneyland. I wonder how many of us adults would have done the same.
Megan really is a beutiful girl. I'm proud of her for what she said at Disneyland as well. She's a lot like her mother!
Megan is beautiful and well-mannered and I like that a lot. And ditto to what Lilian said: as far as I can observe Meggie is indeed a little Margie in her mannerisms and temperament.
I love my only sister!!!! I'm grateful for her and for this post! Megan is funny. People don't realize just how hilarious and witty she is! When my family was in Las Vegas a few weeks ago Megan and I were giving our Dad a hard time. When he turned and asked "are you making fun of me Meg-a-legs?" She replied "I'm just enjoying your personality!" The reason why we call her Meg-a-legs (aside from her awesome legs) is that she always wanted to be carried or in a stroller and my parents let her for a long time. Once when she was about four my dad told her she had to start walking around when we went places (like the front yard) and made up a song that went "I got to legs, one two to hold up Megs one two." Megan used to always be shy until one day we went to disneyland and were waiting for a parade to start and she got up and started dancing on Main street (again probably about four). We were all shocked lol! After that her fun personality started coming out more an more. She is going to be an awesome aunt. When I told her she was going to be she started laughing and crying. I love my sister! Thanks for doing this post!
I always like when people say that Megan and I are alike because I look up to Megan so much. Megan is a good example of still waters that run deep. She doesn't have a mean bone in her body and always looks for the best in things and in people. She is very kind and I am so glad she is my daughter.
We just got back from Atlanta today, and I have totally enjoyed spending every minute of the last week with Megan. She is very enjoyable to be around and very thankful and appreciative which makes it fun to do things for her.
Thanks for doing the family feature Friday Les :)
Meg is awesome and she has a great personality. When she gets on a roll she will crack you up. I am so proud to be her dad. Every once in a while I will confess to something (some personality flaw, like being picky about the texture of food) and Meg will say, "Gee thanks Dad, so that's where I get it from." Meg is someone that I trust implicitly, I know whatever decision she makes it is the right one and I don't have to second guess her. I love you Meg!!
Post a Comment