Friday, October 30, 2009

Family Friday: Featuring My Grandson Adam


This week on Family Friday I'm featuring my first-born grandchild; Adam. Isn't he a handsome boy! The day that Adam was born was very exciting for me, I'd never been a Grandma before. I remember standing outside of the delivery room door and hearing his first cries. When I held him in my arms for the very first time, I felt so much love and joy. When Adam was an infant I had the opportunity to tend him a couple of days a week while his mommy worked and his daddy went to school, I enjoyed that time I had with Adam. Adam is now seven-years-old and is in the second grade.

When Adam was not quite three I started my tradition of "Grandma Day". The first couple of Grandma Days were just me and Adam, and then as Zach got older he joined in. We've had fun doing activities together such as: riding trax, going bowling, visiting the zoo, Temple Square, The Clark Planetarium, planting pumpkins and then selling them, lots of Happy Meals, shopping at NPS, visiting Uncle Jeff at Leger's, Cherry Hill, Build-A-Bear, and we've even had a few repeats.

Grandma Day at the zoo in 2008

Last spring Adam's first grade class wrote an opera. Seriously. It was amazing (I think it should have been featured on the news). It was about pirates, mermaids, skeletons, and whales. The scenery and costumes were wonderful and the children did such a great job portraying their characters. Adam was a skeleton, and although he wore a mask I knew exactly which skeleton he was, because....he's Adam; a talented and enthusiastic singer and actor.

Last year at our family Christmas party Adam (with the help of his brother, dad, and uncles) thoroughly entertained us with his rendition of "Feliz Navidad". He reminds me a lot of his daddy when he was a little boy.

Things to know about Adam: He is the oldest of three brothers. He is a very smart boy. He also has a good memory. He's talented in many areas. He loves to draw and color and he's good at it. He is creative. He takes care of his Mom (Mom's like that). He's good at the WII. He's funny. He is very, very polite; he always says please and thank-you. He watches over his brothers. He makes sure that he warns his Grandma when a scary part is coming up in a movie. He is tender hearted. He plays soccer. He is a good grandson. We are all so grateful that Adam is in our family and we love him very much.

Adam's family: Andy, Zachary, William, Adam, and Kristin

7 comments:

Stecky said...

He also remembers that Becky doesn't like snakes. I love to see Adam. He makes people feel good.

Archie said...

We love Adam. I remember when he was born and Les called me and said "... well Arch, you're a great uncle..." and I replied "...thanks Les, but I thought I've always been a great uncle..." Sure love family Fridays Les. Do you think everybody's having fun?

Bea said...

I could say he made me a Great g'ma for the first time but then I always considered myself as a great G'ma :o). But I enjoy his musical talent. I remember when he was only 3 he could play the drums. And I agree he is always polite and enjoys to come see us. We like him, he is a "keeper"
Love you Adam!!!!

Marivic said...

I love Adam. He liked to flash a big smile for me when I took his pictures at the beach house and I thought that was darn cute. I also thought it was really cute that he was always mindful of Zach. His mommy and daddy have done a great job teaching him to be a caring, polite and delightful young man.

Lesley said...

Yes Arch, I think everyone's having fun....especially me :-)

The first photo of Adam on this post was taken by Marivic, and he is flashing one of his big smiles :-)

Margie said...

I love Adam!! I have always been impressed with how smart and polite Adam is. I remember going to their home in St. George to visit and Adam played the drums for us. He has such great rhythm I was very impressive! I love to watch Adam and Zach together. They watch out for each other and remind me a lot of Andy and Jeff when they were little. Adam has a really great sense of humor too. He has told me some funny jokes. Adam was the first one to make me a great aunt too!! Thanks Adam!!

And I am having fun with FFF too!!

Lilian said...

Adam is definitely a great kid! He's really funny and I'm impressed with his talent. He reminds me alot of how his dad was when he was little.