Sunday, April 3, 2011

5 Truths and a Lie: Part II

1. Truth. I did indeed see Fergie as she arrived at Buckingham Palace. We knew something was up when several policemen came and began directing traffic and pedestrians. We decided to hang around for a minute and see who was arriving. I was on the very edge of the curb when the car arrived and drove just a foot or two in front of me to go through the gates of the Palace. This was during Prince Andrew and Fergie's 'rough patch' and we think she was possibly commanded to visit her royal mother-in-law for a 'royal telling off'.

2. Truth. Many, many years ago I did indeed submit a story to The Friend. It wasn't published. However, I have plans to submit something in the near future to The Ensign.

3. Lie. I was never, ever in a stake musical, and if I was... I would never, ever have been chosen to be a lead.

4. Truth. I do not like to go to dances. In the summer of 1985 Mike and I were in a band that performed frequently for Single Adults (over 30). One night as I sat on the stage waiting to sing my next song a young man came up onto the stage (behind the curtains) to ask me to dance. I was rendered speechless. My friend/band member Laurie looked at him and in a disgusted kind of way said to him, "she's married, that's her husband over there (pointing) playing the guitar." More recently, I went to a dance lesson at the church and we had to rotate dance partners.... awkward. I'm not in the band anymore, but I dislike going to dances because I don't want someone thinking that they should dance with me (pity dance) because my husband is playing in the band; I don't want to dance with anyone but him.... thank-you-very-much.

5. Truth.I did giggle my way through a talk... but I was eleven-years-old. And although it was in the chapel... it was not sacrament meeting.

6. Truth. I love dynamics in music. Doris Day singing, "now I shout it from the highest hill" is a great musical moment for me. Unfortunately, I'm not a belt-it-out-there singer. Too bad, so sad.


5 truths and a lie was a fun post to do... so I'm putting it out there for all of my blog buddies to post 5 truths and a lie about themselves. I'm looking forward to seeing how much I know about each of you.

4 comments:

Jennifer George said...

That was very fun and I totally guessed the wrong one!!!!

Melwel said...

I was close......with the musical thing..... THanks for telling us all of your secrets though...Funny stories.

Bea said...

you are the best , I think next time "Endless Summer" plays you need to plan on "Secret Love" you would do an awesome job of it. :o)

Alan said...

So I was right. HA!