I just returned from two wonderful days at BYU Women's Conference. The theme this year came from Alma 37:6-7, "By small and simple things are great things brought to pass". I attended opening and closing sessions on both days, and several concurrent sessions each day. Here are some of my favorite quotes from the presenters I listened too:"The only person I need to be better than... is the person I was yesterday."
"A virtual (too much technology) woman, or a virtuous woman?"
"What comes next for willing hands to do?"
"No one owes me anything, I owe everything to the Lord."
"Charity is living as Christ lived."
"Our families need to feel the spirit when they enter our homes."
"A soft answer turneth away wrath."
"Let us seek the guidance of Heavenly Father, in how we can accomplish His work, in His way."
"Appropriate self love equips us to love others."
"Lifting others, lifts us."
This year several of us attended Women's Conference together. My sister Lilian and sister-in-law Marivic attended for their first time. I was also excited to meet Marivic's sisters Marle and Maries for the very first time, and Marivic's mama (I met 18 years ago) also came. Of course my Mother and Margie (BYUWC veterans) were there as well, but I was most excited that my daughter Caitlin came to Women's Conference with me, it was so wonderful for both of us to share that experience together... we're planning on it being a new tradition.

FYI: starting tomorrow I'm doing a 30 day blog challenge... I know, crazy huh!?!
4 comments:
Thanx for sharing. You gave me an idea. Perhaps I will share on my blog some of my favorite quotes. The elevator quote was probably the most memorable :o)
It was a great time, the company was unsurpassable.
I am all for doing it again.
I heard about the Elevator quote lol! Sounds like you had a BLAST! I wish I could have been there this year but I'll have to plan way ahead for next year for sure! I loved your quotes! Looks like I need to go to BYU TV and watch some of them!
It was a good time and I'm glad I finally went. It was fun being with family and I had a lot of fun with Caitlin. Looking forward to next year. At least by then I won't care so much about who is in the MTC as I look at it every single day knowing how CLOSE yet so FAR I am away from my child! :-)
A great experience all around! I enjoyed the messages, was entertained and inspired, and enjoyed everyone's company. Thanks Les for talking about WC all these years so that I finally decided to see what it's all about.
Post a Comment