Friday, June 3, 2011

My Baby Girl Is Graduating

Today my daughter is graduating from high school. I am wondering, where has the time gone? Wasn't it just a moment ago that I was taking her to pre-school in her cute GAP overalls and denim hat? It seems like it was just yesterday that she was collecting heart shaped rocks; putting her tiny dolls into her hats at bedtime, and tucking them in with toilet tissue blankets; adoring her older brothers. It doesn't seem that long ago that she was just a little ballerina going to class once, then twice, and soon four times a week until she started high school. She almost gave up an opportunity to dance in Ballet West's The Nutcracker because she was scheduled to perform on a Sunday... bless the woman who changed the schedule and let her dance. She's my little girl who believes in answers to prayers. She was the little girl who amazed me by committing to 1 full year of not eating candy or drinking soda pop... and she did it... in elementary school. This is my baby girl who was an answer to prayer, a gift of healing, and a blessing in my life. She is a young woman now, on the threshold of the rest of her life, I have confidence in her success, but for just a few moments I want to remember... my baby girl. I love you Caitlin Rose. I will be forever grateful that you chose me.


10 comments:

Melwel said...

what a gorgeous pic...with the sunlight on her hair. Love her...love you.... I can't believe you are out of highschool.

Lilian said...

Congratulations ROSIE!!! I love you!!!!!

Tiffany said...

I'm crying! Very nicely expressed Lesley. What a beautiful girl--inside and out. We love Caitlin!

Bea said...

Incredible.....someone pulled a trick or we have all just awakened from 20 years of sleep.
Beautiful girl but just look at her Mom :o)

Morgan said...

I remember going with my mom to see her at the hospital after she was born. My, how the time flies!

jeremy said...

I hope it wasn't TOO long ago that she was adoring her older brothers. :-). Congrats. Love u Caitlin.

AnJ. said...

What a tender and touching post! I hope you all had a wonderful graduation day.

Margie said...

I loved seeing these pictures and reading this post. It made me want to cry thinking how fast time has gone! Caitlin is a beautiful girl and I am excited for her future!

Margie said...

Also, it is fun to see your picture next to her picture at the top of your blog and her top picture. You two look a lot alike!

Contact: Ashley Mills said...

I loved your last line "I will be forever grateful that you chose me". That made me cry. That is just how I feel about Sam. I always love your posts!