Throughout my life I have known a handful of people that have a smile "that cannot be wiped off their face" that smile is a gift and my grandson William is one of those people. When he looks at me and that beautiful smile breaks out it makes my heart just burst.
William came into the world 7 weeks early on November 26, 2006. I had the privilege of being in the delivery room when he was born, it was truly a miracle and I will be forever grateful that I had that experience. William spent the first 4 weeks of his life in the NICU and was able to come home on Christmas Eve, that was truly the best Christmas present. As a two-year-old, William is so full of energy and has such a zest for life, it sometimes wears me out just watching him move. He loves to go, go, go....
It is so fun seeing the new things that William learns as he is getting older. His excitement as the "choo-choo" goes by the back of his house, when he sings "e-i-e-i-o", and when I say to him, "one" and he replies, "doo" it is so cute. If we are tending him, as soon as his parents return he looks at us with his big smile and says, "bye". I can only assume that he has just dismissed us. At a recent family dinner at Uncle Jeff and Aunt Melissa's home, it was fun to watch as William kept coming to get his Grandpa Bear (Mike) by the hand to go play "Wheeeee". Not the "Wii" that everybody else likes to play, this game is different. William sat on the gliding ottoman while Grandpa gave a little push to make it move and then William would jump off while saying, "wheeeee." A few minutes later he came looking for Grandpa, then he led his Grandpa by the hand to the ottoman, and the whole procedure began again.
I shared a "tender moment" with William when he was just a year old. I was staying with the boys at their home one Sunday morning and William was supposed to be napping. He was crying in his bed so I went into his room and picked him up. I went over to the rocking chair where I sat down and began to rock him as I sang primary songs softly into his ear. He just laid his head on my shoulder and listened, but every couple of minutes he would pull away and look at me, smile, and then lay his head back on my shoulder. This went on for several minutes until he fell asleep. I loved those moments that we spent together and I think William did too.
I am so grateful for William, he is one of our precious "Little Guys" and he is loved so much.
William's family: Daddy, Mommy, Adam, Zachary, and William
5 comments:
I look forward to seeing William at the beach. Believe it or not we have never met. Of all the decedents of Alan & Bea, he is the only one I've never met. He sounds like a great little boy. Please tell him he has an Uncle Alan in California.
Wait, oops...
I haven't met Avery yet. Please make sure Avery knows she has an Uncle Alan in California too :)
William is so cute! I saw him with his mommy at Costco a few weeks ago. He kept telling me "bye" too. It was funny. I was surprised at how much he'd grown in just the last few months since I've seen him. He does have a beautiful bright smile!
His G'G'ma, and G'Gpa Marsden thinks he is pretty great. His Daddy and Mommy were driving past our house and he recognized where he was and demanded to return. Of course he was shy when he got here but that's ok he is loved in our home. Like you say "a smile that doesn't stop".
I look forward to seeing William's beautiful smile in person in about a month. He looks adorable in the photos.
Post a Comment