Sean is the middle child in his family, and is also the only boy. I know that when he was born (delivered by the Doctor that I used to work for) he was a great blessing to his parents, and he continues to be.
One of my favorite stories about Sean was when he was just a little boy and went grocery shopping with his mom. He wanted her to buy Doritos but she explained to him that Doritos weren't a good choice that day because they weren't on sale. Sean considered that, and then told his mom that Laman and Lemuel would probably buy the Doritos because they didn't make good choices (I think of that story every time I buy Doritos, and....I only buy them on sale).
Last fall we went on a trip to Yellowstone and stopped to visit Sean in Rexburg. We were with Uncle Derek and Auntie Dorothy (visiting from England) and Granpa and Granma. We stopped at Sean's apartment where we met his friends, then we went to lunch.
I really enjoyed the time we spent together and the big hug and "love you" that I got from Sean when we left.Some of the things that I know and have observed about Sean: He is happy, he is obedient, he honors his parents, he plays the piano beautifully, he sings (Uncle Mike likes it when he sings Imagine), he is wise with his money, he was Seminary President at WHS in the 2007-08 school year, he attended BYU-I prior to leaving on his mission, he's a great missionary, he is an exemplary young man. We love Sean and are blessed to have him in our family.
Sean's family: Adam, Melissa, Sean, Megan, Margie, Tim
8 comments:
And Sean has the distinction of being one of just three grandsons who will perpetuate the Marsden name. He is also a great cousin to my kids. I love the Doritos story but an even better one is when he made the observation to his dad that James Bond must not be a Mormon. Perhaps Tim will share that one around the camp fire next week.
Wow, I never knew Sean was such a great guy. Thanks for sharing with us. Ps. I am excited to sing also. Are you doing anything after??? (Wingers???)
This made me cry when thinking of my brother. Something else about Sean is that his sisters love him and he's always been a fantastic brother. A memory I have of Sean pretty recently is when I came home from Christmas and was VERY sick with morning sickness. I was having a miserable time but I was trying not to throw up around my family. One morning I woke up at about 5am and was throwing up pretty bad. Adam and I were staying in Sean's bedroom because he had a comfortable bed and it was next to the bathroom. Sean came out from MY old bedroom and waited outside the bathroom door while I cried and threw up. Outside the door I heard "Melissa, are you ok." I assured him that I would be fine and thanks for checking on me. He then asked "is there anything I can get for you?" I told him I would be fine. Then he waited for me to get out and clean up and he gave me a big hug and told me he loved me and made sure I got to bed alright. Not many people are blessed with such a loving wonderful 19 year old brother who would get up to take care of them while they threw up.
Such a nice post about such a great guy! Sean is awesome and has always been a very respectful kid!
Melissa's post made me a little teary... that was tender!
Thanks for featuring Sean this week Les. He is a wonderful son and I have always felt like he was a gift to me from a very loving Heavenly Father. He is an amazing son & it has been so great to have the honor to be his mother. I would say that your observations of Sean are very acurate. He IS a very happy and obedient young man, and easy going.
Tim came home at lunch & I showed him the post. After he was done reading, I looked at him and asked him why his eyes were so red. He told me that his allergies were bothering him. When I reminded him that he didn't have allergies, he told me they had just started :)
That is his way of saying he liked the post too!!
I will send your post to Elder Marsden. I am writing him today!
I have been busy with different things so finally remembered a story of Sean. A few years ago we took Sean, Melissa and Megan to the beach without their parents. On our visit to Disneyland I gave each of the three kids $10 to spend. As we set off I told the children ESPECIALLY Sean that they/he had to spend the money. (Sean was always a saver). At the end of the day Sean still had his $10, he didn't see anything he wanted to spend his money on so he offered the money back to me. I told him to keep it we might see something else in San Clemente which he did.
Great post. You are doing good things for our family.
This was so fun to read about Sean! Before he left on his mission, I sent him an email telling him I was sorry that I missed his farewell and wished him luck and wrote a few words of advice. I was so surprised that he responded (just bc it was like two days before he was to report to the MTC, and I didn't think he'd have time). I have always thought highly of Sean and think he is such a happy, pleasant guy to be around!
Post a Comment