When you decide to highlight 47 family members of assorted ages, longevity in the family, and their personal relationship with you, there are going to be some of them that you haven't known as long or as well as some of the others. Adam falls into this category as one of the newer members of our family.The first time I met Adam was at my nephew Sean's Eagle Court of Honor. I remember thinking that he looked just like one of the Osmond's (only Adam has whiter and straighter teeth). A few months after I met Adam he and my niece Melissa became engaged; and shortly after they became engaged Melissa went to Russia to teach kindergarten for several months.
While Melissa was gone Adam continued his education at BYU-I where he was studying to become an elementary school teacher. Melissa returned home just weeks before the wedding, which was in August of 2006 in the Bountiful Temple.
Shortly after they were married, Adam and Melissa moved to Las Vegas where Adam did his student teaching; currently he is an elementary school teacher (can you imagine all of the little crushes on handsome Mr. Turney?), and last week Adam graduated with his Masters Degree in Education Leadership.
Adam and Melissa are anxiously awaiting the birth of their first child; a daughter who is expected this August. They are also in the process of buying their first home and should be moving a few weeks before the baby comes.
I don't know very much about Adam, but here are a few things that I do know and that I've observed: He loves and takes care of my niece, he is motivated and hardworking in his education and his career, he is a good son, he is a cancer survivor, he served a mission in Australia, he has come into a pretty loud and fun loving family and he sits back and observes...respectfully, and I'm sure with a bit of amusement/confusion. We love you Adam and are happy that you are one of us.
8 comments:
Great post! for saying you don't know a lot about Adam you did really well. I know that Red Robin is his favorite eating place. And he likes to ski.
And sacrilege!!!!
he prefers mountains to beach!!!!!!
Never mind, we still love him.
I thought to myself today, "hey, it is Family Friday, I am going to check that out fist thing". I was so excited to see that Adam was the feature this week.
I'm with Grandma, I think you did a good job! I have gotten to know Adam a lot better the last three years. I was first endeared to Adam when he was so supportive of Melissa going off to Russia while they were engaged. I knew then that he must really love her, when he was so supportive of her, even though it was very hard for him.
Adam seems to be okay being in the backgound which is probably a good thing in this family. He is a peacmaker and he has a very good heart. I love Adam and I am very glad he is such a big part of our family.
I don't know Adam that much either but I'm sure that since Melissa picked him then he must be an alright guy :-) And I also have a pretty good perspective of what it's like to marry into this family. It's actually best for your "survival" and longevity in the family circle :-) if you are the type who doesn't mind just sitting back to watch the Marsden show :-) It seems to me from what little I have observed that Adam has the right personality.
MY FAVORITE PERSON!!! I love family Friday and I think you made a great choice for this week! Adam may take the backseat among our crazy/wonderful family but he often steals the show, especially among his teacher friends.
Marivic is right, I wouldn't have chosen him if he wasn't someone very special on the inside, even though that Osmond charm is pretty powerful :)
Another thing about Adam is he loves to serve others. He is very thoughtful when it comes to giving gifts, even if they aren't extravagant or expensive he always chooses something he knows you will love and use and he is always taking very good care of me. I didn't have to clean one thing or make any food or even lift a finger one bit while I was deathly ill with morning sickness. He makes me laugh every day and is a very caring person. At the core, he is a lot like my mom, which is probably why I chose to marry him. I needed a peaceful person who was also fun and sweet.
Thanks for featuring him!
Mike was just reading "Family Friday" at work, he was on the phone with me and reading the comments and when he read Granma's comment about Adam loving the mountains more than the beach Mike said, "that's my kind of guy."
I'm not part of your family, so I don't have any comments to add about Adam, except I agree that he really does look like an Osmond!
I remember Adam being here on Thanksgiving a couple of years ago and we were playing a game. He was trying to think of a question to ask in "Psychiatrist" and Melissa said, "Oh look! He has his thinking face on!" It was pretty funny! I don't know Adam too well yet either, but I do know he makes my niece very happy and that's good enough for me.
Adam Says: Thanks for nominating me to be featured in your "Family Friday" section. I love reading about myself so it was a treat to wake up Friday and have Melissa tell me about myself...hmm, probably sounds a little conceited. I love being around the family even if you all are so energetic. I am happy to sit back and enjoy the show. I do better in small crowds where I do not have to compete for the attention. Thanks again for featuring me, it was a fun read.
Post a Comment