First of all my aneurysm. I did go to see a Doctor who I found to be much more informative than the Doctor that I saw last year. He actually told me exactly where my aneurysm is located and I was surprised, it wasn't anywhere near where I thought it was. I had my testing done the week after I returned from the beach and I just got my results a few days ago. My aneurysm is un-changed. I consider that to be the best news. Remember, the previous Doctor told me that it would never go away, so I'd rather it stayed the same than get bigger.
Our house has been for sale for just over 3 months now. June was a slow month, we only showed the house 3 times. It seems things are picking up with July, last week we showed it 3 times. Michael, Jeremy, and I went to see the house we want to buy. It is completely finished and ready to move into. We made an offer contingent on the sale of our home and expect to hear if it was accepted next week. Here are a few pictures of the house.
The smaller garage (windows facing the front of the house) will be Michael's music studio, the door leading into the house is in there. The bigger garage is where the cars will go, of course. The window above the garage will be Caitlin's room.
I love the kitchen; there is a lot of cabinet space and lots of drawers. The entire center island is big, deep drawers. Notice the 5 little drawers underneath the cabinet next to the stove. What would you put in those?
Hiding in the corner of the kitchen is a walk-in pantry.
This is a view from the family room, if you follow along the side of the stairs you will reach the front door and the living room. On the other side of the wall where you see the door (I think my yellow hutch will fit perfectly next to that door) is a hallway that leads to the laundry room, bathroom, and the smaller of the garages.
A view from the front door towards the back of the house; immediately to the left of where the photo is being taken is the living room.
A view from the living room towards the entryway.
Another view of the family room and kitchen, I love the transom window. There are mini blinds between the panes of glass in the french doors.
Michael and Jeremy in the family room.
This is one of Michael's favorite spots in the house; "come in!" From where the photo is being taken you can turn to the right to go to the master bedroom, and if you turn to the left it leads to the other 3 bedrooms, a bathroom, and the upstairs laundry room.
The sinks in the master bath; if you look in the mirror you can see the reflection of the tub.
This is the master bedroom. The door on the right leads to the upstairs hallway, the other door leads into the master bath. I've never had a master bath, in fact I've never lived in a house that has more than 1 bath/shower combination in it.
Another view of the master bedroom.
A closet in one of the bedrooms.
A view of the upstairs laundry room; the door to the right leads into Caitlin's room (hopefully).I guess that was more than a few pictures, it was more like a tour. I've been wanting to post pictures, but I've hesitated because I could be setting myself up for let down. I really do want this home....but I will be okay if I don't get it (after my meltdown of course). We still feel very positive. We just need the family that needs our house to find it. As JULIO approaches, my birthday wish would be for some good news, like a contract....or two.
11 comments:
Love the home! Its so beautiful! We are praying that you will be able to sell your home shortly and move in ASAP!
Thanks for the tour! I was hoping that you would post some pics of the house so that I could have a feel for it.
I had small drawers like that in my old house!! They were perfect for the kitchen junk that usually ends up in a drawer somewhere. We kept batteries in one, bandaids in another, tape measure/screwdriver in one. You get the picture.... I loved them. I still miss them! (So close to the stove, you could put spices in or packets of gravy/ranch mix etc.)
I really wish for you the birthday present you hope for!!! You deserve to have all your wishes come true!!!
I'm glad your head is ok. The home is just beautiful. Oh I hope you get it. How fun that will be for you all. I'm not sure about the little drawers. I liked Tiffany's ideas though. I'll say a little prayer for you.
When we moved into our home 39 years ago, there was a small drawer right next to the stove and the fridge, I used it to store a box of matches and a candle, over the years the lights have gone out and I can find the candle and matches in the dark. :o) I also use that drawer for the cord for the electric frypan. You will soon find uses for everything and wish you had more space. :o)
Les the home is beautiful!! I am praying for you and your family. I love how you always desire to make others feel welcome in your home. I feel confident because of your desire to serve others that all will work out for you.
Thanks everyone for your well wishes and prayers on our behalf.
Love ya, mean it!!!
Glad to hear your good news! I love the house, especially the kitchen! I am always jealous of nice kitchens. You can definitely tell my husband picked out our home because it lacks a decent kitchen, a laundry room (or even area) and storage space.
Any update, Les? We are deeply hoping your birthday wish is granted. This home looks beautiful. My suggestion for the drawers is to put things there that you use while at the stove. I never could understand why people would store laddles and potholders away from the stove. Also depends on what things you will be doing most on the counter next to the stove. I'll use those drawers for utensils I'll use often while at that counter as well.
Julio is here!
Post a Comment