Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Price Is Right (or wrong in my case)


It was twenty-five years ago this summer that I was called on down on The Price Is Right. Yes, that is me on TV in the picture above, curly hair and skinny. I used to love to watch The Price Is Right , that's why I wanted to go to the show, but I can honestly say that I don't think I've watched it 5 times since I was on it.

It was a fun experience, but being a Price Is Right loser isn't so great. A few memories about the show: I was the contestant that Bob Barker conversed back and forth with, I bid $1000 on a sewing machine, my brother was also a contestant (he won the sewing machine), I had to spit my gum into a producers hand during a commercial break, I got some consolation prizes (they didn't console).

All in all it was a fun day and I have a great story to tell and a great DVD of the whole event, if anyone wants to see it let me know and we'll have a Price Is Right party and watch it. Hey...maybe it's not so bad being a Price Is Right loser after all.

6 comments:

Alan said...

Lezzly Legger... COME ONE DOWN!!!

"So what you're telling he is you're a phony coach."

In the amount of time that's passed since that day (how'd we all fit into your brown car?) you'll be 76 and I'll be 71. Holy Crap!! Sorry about using the C-word on your blog but anything less would be insufficient.

Bea said...

What a great experience. Meanwhile back at the beach, I said to G'pa, "Let's get out of here, because they are going to come home and tell all sorts of stories" but before we could get away you all came home and proceeded to tell all sorts of stories which I didn't believe till your cousin nodded in confirmation to me that it really was true. Then we had to tell everyone on the beach and they were excited (strangers by the way) and next day at D'land it was "come on down" when you were all in the "Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse" what fun memories. I'm in favor to "Come on Down" to a party.

Tiffany said...

I want to come to the party. I think it would be fun to be on a game show. I've always eyed, Wheel of Fortune.

Lilian said...

I was one year too young to be there. Did you know that was the summer I met Cory? It was right after that beach trip. I do remember leaving school the day that show was aired. Some of us gathered at Tim and Margie's apartment to watch.

heather said...

I think it's a party plan...Pirce is Right here we come!

adrienne said...

I'm in for the pary!