Friday, October 9, 2009

Family Friday: Featuring My Granddaughter Avery


Women have the need of other women in their lives. Whether it be mothers, sisters, cousins, aunts, friends, daughters....we need each other. I am so grateful for the women in my life; young and....not so young. I had three brothers before my sister was born, three sons before I had a daughter, and four grandsons before the birth of my first granddaughter last November. It is my #1 granddaughter Avery who I am featuring today. Isn't she beautiful!!!!

Miss Avery has been a joy and a blessing to our family since her arrival. She is such a petite little doll. She has the tiniest little mouth (it is so cute) that becomes the biggest smile that's guaranteed to melt your heart. This picture was taken in Disneyland last summer. That is how happy she looked all day.

Avery is a good little eater. She eats good nutritious meals and enjoys them. One night while I tended her I was eating my dinner as I was feeding Avery hers. She seemed interested in the stew I was eating, so I got an extra baby spoon out and gave her a taste of mine. She liked it and wanted to try more. She knew the difference between the two meals, she was so cute to watch as I knew she wanted more of what Grandma was eating. As you can see from the picture she also enjoyed the ice-cream her daddy was eating on another night.

Avery loves her Mommy and Daddy. She always likes to know that her Mommy is nearby. She is at such a fun age. The other night at Daddy and Grandpa's ballgame I sat down next to her and when she saw me she smiled, a few minutes later she leaned towards me and even put her arms out in my direction. What more could a Grandma want?

I love this picture of Avery and Annabelle, her Grandpa and Grandma Law's dog

Some fun things to know about Miss Avery: She has recently mastered the art of showing us her "bad cough". She is learning some baby sign language (she's so smart). She's been to Disneyland. She's been to the beach house. She went on a whale watching boat in California. She's had a couple of trips to Mesquite. She's been to Tuacahn. She's flown to Kentucky twice to visit her family there. She's always dressed so cute. She's even been on TV!! She is a precious baby girl. We all love our Avery and are sooooo grateful that she's in our family.

Avery's family: Jeff, Miss Avery, and Melissa

13 comments:

Margie said...

Avery is a doll!!! I got to see Avery for the first time when she was just a couple of hours old. I felt so honored to visit her so fresh from Heaven. After California, I went through Avery withdrawls. I didn't like not being able to wake up and have Avery smile at me. She has a beautiful smile and she is a beautiful girl with a beautiful spirit!!

Stecky said...

She is a keeper. I was so happy when I heard she was coming.

Archie said...

We love Avery. Not just because she's a member of the family, and not just because she's adorable, but also because when we speak to her she always smiles at us. :-)

Jeff and Melissa you have a beautiful family.

Archie & Julee

Aimee said...

What a cutie! and YEAH for all of the women/girls in our lives!

adrienne said...

Miss Avery is such a doll!

Marivic said...

Les, it looks like you got spammed. Sorry :-( It's not bad though so that's a relief.

Well, getting back to the topic of Miss Avery--- her smile! Yes, I loved it that at the beach house, she always had a big, bright, beautiful smile for me. She is so dainty and delicate, like a romantic heroine already :-)

Tara said...

Avery is one of the most beautiful little girls I've ever seen. Those big bright eyes and constant smile...breathtaking!

And I love that her mommy always decorates her with adorable bows and flowers on her little head.

I miss her!

Bonnie and Jim said...

She is just darling. Grand-daughters are GREAT!!

BobN said...

What a great smile!

Lilian said...

She is so cute! Archie is right. She always smiles when I say hello to her. I remember Jeff saying he wanted 6 sons! Well, I think he's the perfect daddy for a little girl!! And Melissa is such a good mom too! I love little miss Avery!

em said...

what a cute tribute to such a sweet little baby!!!
Mason loves his cousin "baby Eebee" and says she's a good baby and doesn't cry! ;)

Bea said...

It was love at first sight for G.G'pa and me and nothing has changed, except she gets more delightful. That is an interesting statistic, all those boys in between the girls. You recognise a lot of things I never notice.!!!!
Way to go. That's what I like about blogs, other peoples interests and thoughts. Broadens our horizons. :o)

Melissa said...

She really is so delightful and sweet everyday, EVERYDAY!! I feel so blessed and thankful that I get to be her mom! I hope I live up to the task and can help her reach her full potential! I recognize she has a special spirit and can touch many peoples lives. Even though she is a mommas girl, she is also a little social butterfly and loves to be the center of attention!
AHHH! I LOVE LOVE LOVE her!!