Tuesday, October 27, 2009

We Also Sing 2009

I am more than halfway through rehearsals of my second season in the choir We Also Sing, under the direction of Merrilee Webb. We will perform two concerts on Saturday November 28, at 5:30 and 7:30 in the Salt Lake Tabernacle. You can click here for free ticket information. Our concert this year is all Christmas music and it will be amazing; the following song written by David Foster and performed by Josh Grobin is one of my favorites. I have highlighted a few of the lines that are particularly meaningful to me. Which lines jumped out at you?

Thankful

Some days we forget to look around us.
Some days we can't see the joy that surrounds us.
So caught up inside ourselves, we take when we should give.
So for
tonight we pray for what we can be.
And every day we hope for what we can't see.
It's up to us to be the change.
And even though we can do more, there's so much to be thankful for.

Look beyond ourselves, there's so much sorrow.
It's way to late to say, I'll cry tomorrow.
Each of us must find our truth; it's so long overdue.
So for tonight we pray for what we can be.
And every day we hope for what we can't see.
It's up to us to be the change.
And even though we can do more, there's so much to be thankful for.

Even with our differences, there is a place we're all connected.
Each of us can find each other's light.
So for tonight we pray for what we can be.
And on this day we hope for what we can't see.
It's up to us to be the change.
And even though the world needs so much more, there's so much to be thankful for.

4 comments:

Stecky said...

Wow, I love that song. I got the music last year. I love the message. I am glad you are performing it.Good luck! Caitlin looked so beautiful last night at the concert. I loved watching her!

Melwel said...

I love that song too . I've never heard it before. This sounds like so much fun.....to be in a "real" choir again. Love you

Bea said...

I am looking forward to the concert and the words "there is so much to be thankful for"is so true. Let me count the ways.

Stecky said...

PS You don't German Chocolate as a pie choice.