Our first date was on February 24, 1976 and it was a double date with Mikes friend Steve, and his girlfriend Becky (not our Steve and Becky, they are still years away). We went to see the Charles Bronson movie Breakheart Pass. I was a little shy (does that surprise you?) and wouldn't eat any of the popcorn that Mike bought for us to share (that was the last time I didn't eat the popcorn). The very next night we had our second date, this time it was just the two of us. After the date we came back to my house, it was cold and dark outside but it didn't stop us from sitting on the backyard swingset where we could talk (we did a lot of talking....seriously). It was at this point in time that Mike told me again that he thought I was the girl he was going to marry.
I realized that he was completely serious and so I said to him, "I am going to get married in the temple, so....if you are going to marry me you will have to start going to church." The next day was Sunday, when I walked into the chapel who do you suppose I saw sitting on a bench all by himself? You guessed it! And he has been doing the same (only sharing a bench) for approximately 1,716 Sundays ever since.Next time: while on a day date, one of us is injured in a freak accident and ends up in the emergency room.
14 comments:
I can hardly stand the suspense!
What a story! It is funny that you had to CLARIFY or justify that you did a lot of "talking" outside on the swings!
Oh oh oh ! I know the next story and what happened!!! But I'll let YOU tell it!
You know, I once told a guy I was dating that I planned to get married in the temple. He never called me again.
Thanks Leennz. I think you probably know most of these stories :-) Do you know what ever happened to the guy you dated?
Ahh, I absolutely LOVE reading these posts. It makes me smile like this ---> :D
It's very strange for me to think of a time before you and Uncle Mike were my favorite Auntie Lesley and Uncle Mike!
Can't wait to read the next post :]
I'm with Tara, I can hardly wait for the next installment. I too can smile like this :D.
Are you sure your math is correct? but then who is going to contradict you? not me. :D
I am loving this!!! (THE real Becky-yours)
GO LESLEY!!! GO MIKE!!! This is a story for Young Women's. It is so fun to read this romatic stories. Thanks for sharing with all of us!
I am totally loving this!!
This is such a sweet chapter of the love story. Can't wait for the next installment to find out who ends up in the emergency room with an injury. Should I cheat and ask Alan? Nah.
That is the best story ever! i loe that he came to church the next day. Thanks for the fun time last night. It is so refreshing to have kind friends.
Les, I think everybody's having fun.... :-)
I think your right Arch!!
Post a Comment