

As our 32nd wedding anniversary approaches, I thought writing a post about us to publish on April 15th would be fun. Then I started reading Kathryn and Trevor's story, and I was inspired to write our story leading up to our wedding day. So if you're interested in knowing how Mike & Les (as we are affectionately known to those who know and love us best) came to be; read on and I'll do my very best to remember (it was a long time ago). Mike moved to West Bountiful at the end of our sophomore year, but it wasn't until 2nd semester of our Senior year that we "officially" met. He actually lived in my ward but didn't attend church, but like all good "Mormon" girls, the girls in my ward knew there were two boys in the family that lived in the log house next to the golf course. Girls just seem to have radar about details like that. Mike and I were in the same English class during 1st semester and I knew that he was the boy from the log house. Being in a class together brought us in closer proximity to each other, I was able to peek over the top of my English book (I probably never opened my English book) to get a good look at him, and decided he was good to look at. Now for the "official" meeting. My friend Pam came to me one day and told me that a young man in her ward (had a mission call) wanted to go out with me. They had struck a deal that went something like this: If she would arrange a date with me, for him; he would fix her up with a guy he worked with at Safeway. Guess who that guy was? Yep! Mike. And for good measure they added a third couple into the mix; my friend Chris, and my dates bff "A". For the remainder of the story I will refer to my date as "K" (my brothers called him Elvis). So the date was arranged, we were going to go to our ward for a farewell and then to Temple Square (these are some big spenders). Mike was the last one to be picked up and I can still see the smile on his face as he walked towards the car. He had no idea who his date was as he approached the car, but I remember Chris and I both thought "no fair" because we had both admired him from afar and Pam was the lucky girl. So I leave you with a question to be answered next time; for whom was it love at first sight? Mike or Lesley? Leave a comment and let me know what you think.
9 comments:
I love reading these love stories! I also love that picture of Mike!!
From all the stories I've heard, I'm going to say it was MIKE who fell in love at first sight!
I am going to have to guess it was love at first sight for Mike-he just seems to me to be the romantic type-and that would make the story oh-so much more romantic.
PS-I will never be doing a post like this-my Mike thought I was loud, obnoxious and immature for the first couple of years I knew him!!!! (I don't think anything has changed!)
By the smile on your face it would be hard to guess but knowing the "rest" of the story I will not venture a "guess" .........
I can't wait to hear the rest of this story! I think it was Mike for sure. I love the picture of you. You're so beautiful:)
Cute pictures! My guess is Mike was the one who fell in love at first sight, but only because throughout the post you talked about checking him out, and we have not read Mike's version yet of how long he has been checking you out. So if you've been checking him out (with your "sight") and has not declared love yet, therefore I conclude it must be Mike.
Fun! When's the next installment of this love series?
Hmmm... that's a tough one, you? This will be so fun to follow!
I am waiting in suspence to hear the rest of this romantic story. If my memory serves me right, I am going to vote MIKE! Those Italian genes are powerful when it comes to LOVE! (So I hear)
How fun!! I can't wait to hear "the rest of the story." It looks like Mike has already won by a landslide. Either way, it turned out perfect in the end.
Post a Comment